Optimal Layer break warnings for double layer DVD

gvc

Hi,

I am using Imgburn to write files and folders to DVD+R DL disc in unattended mode.

Occasionally file sizes are small and they can fit in one disk so I get a warning message asking should we write to layer 0 only. Got rid of that warning by setting the "Underburning" option.

Now I am getting below two warnings (images attached)

Can anyone please help with what settings I can get rid of these warnings?

Command used to create data disk: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE BUILD /BUILDOUTPUTMODE DEVICE /SRC C:\ISOTest /FILESYSTEM ISO9660 + UDF /UDFREVISION 1.02 /VOLUMELABEL 20201017 21:17:52 /SPEED MAX /VERIFY YES /START /CLOSESUCCESS /NOIMAGEDETAILS /ROOTFOLDER YES /DELETESOURCE NO /CLOSE /CLOSEINFO

Thanks in advance

Optimal layer break warning.png

Read Compatible LBA warning.png

ImgBurn.log

On 2/20/2021 at 3:58 AM, dbminter said:

If the contents fit on a single layer disc, why are you using DVD+R DL?

We have a system where we write to disk when data reaches the required disk size. But we also have a setting where we have to write after certain time is elapsed. It is at this time when size can be small. As 90% of time data is written to DVD DL only DVD DL disk are bought as it is cost effective to loose a disk instead of introducing error of inserting wrong disk. 

34 minutes ago, gvc said:

We have a system where we write to disk when data reaches the required disk size. But we also have a setting where we have to write after certain time is elapsed. It is at this time when size can be small. As 90% of time data is written to DVD DL only DVD DL disk are bought as it is cost effective to loose a disk instead of introducing error of inserting wrong disk. 

You know?  Years ago, I predicted the death of single layer recordable discs with the advent of DVD DL recordable discs.  My reasoning was manufacturers would just make the one more expensive medium since it can be used for both sizes of discs.  How wrong I was.  :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.