Finalize Disc.

The Soulman

Good morning.

Long term user of Imgburn, new member, first time poster.

A question for the good people on here.

I have burned some mp3 music tracks to a 4.7 GB Verbatim DVD using Windows (10) software.

However the disc is still showing as having free space and will not play on my vehicles CD / DVD player.

According to the default settings in Windows, the disc should automatically be finalized ready for use at the end of the burning process.

I'm wondering if there is a way for me to finalize the disc using Imgburn. (I've looked through the various settings / options but can't see anything obvious)

Any help / advice would be much appreciated.

Regards, The Soulman.

Sorry, no. ImgBurn can't help you with this.

You've basically made a multisession disc.

ImgBurn can send the commands to close tracks, sessions, discs etc.... but they're only useful for when those commands didn't work the first time around. 

Your disc has been left unfinalised and with a new session open (that you can add data to) on purpose. The only way to finalise it is to add more data to it (again, can't be done with ImgBurn) and then ensure it's closed/finalised - do not let the software make yet another new session.

It might just be easier to make a new disc. Use ImgBurn in build mode, add your MP3 files and burn.

Thanks for the reply.

Looks like I'll be burning it again. (Using Imgburn)

The thing I can't understand, is that according to the default settings on the Windows burning software, the disc should automatically be finalized / ready for use at the end of the burning process.

Thanks anyway.

Regards, The Soulman.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.