Filename rule

ocrana

If I create a ISO Image form files, I can set the file system with many options.

I understand that ISO 9660 with its basic nameing of 8.3 was  bad. So with new extension "Joliet" we can use longer names.

But why ImgBurn will not sync file names with newer ISO 9660 settings.

As sample, I use ISO9660 with Level3. I can use a file name of 207 char length. IfI activate Joliet with long names, too Joliet can hold 107 chars I think.

Why ImgBurn now cut the names to 207 in ISO 9660 and in Joliet to 107 Chars? Why it do not sync both Tables to 107 chars?

I do not find any option in ImgBurn so maybe this is a Feature Request? For me it make sense to have the file names sync if it is possible,

Yes, this would be a feature request.

Normally, you'd want to keep as close to the original name as possible - as permitted by the file system.

Truncating the name when there's no real reason to just hadn't occurred to me - nor has it come up as a request from anyone else... until now :)

I have a question for you... as your email address seems to link back to the Foxburner SDK, can I ask why you are on here asking me questions about ImgBurn?

Fair enough if you're actually using ImgBurn, but if you're trying to enhance your own product, you could at least be upfront about it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.