asus drw-24f1mt only 8x and 16x speed to select

neozbr

asus drw-24f1mt only 8x and 16x speed to select, I need to burn at 4x or else is getting errors, is there any other way to modify the firmware to burn slowly ? I can't find the firmware for asus drw-24f1mt in anywhere! I've tried 3 brands already and got errors because the only speed to burn is 8x or 16x and this is too fast! is there any way to modify this ? even If I have to modify the firmware in this case, my priority is to burn at 4x no matter what, I've tried many softwares but this doesn't matter the only speeds avaialble are 8x and 16x, is there any possible solution for this ?

thanks.

You shouldn't be having problems if you're using good discs. If the drive can't burn at 8x on MCC / MKM dye media, you should probably replace the drive.

What you're asking for would indeed require modified firmware. I don't suppose anyone modifies firmware these days, but you could ask over at the MyCE forums.

https://club.myce.com/

If you can't find any mention of your drive anywhere, you'd probably need to provide the firmware binary by reading from your drive (with the correct tools).

• 4 weeks later...

I have pretty much the same burner. Mine is the ASUS DRW-24D5MT and the difference is the lack of attached software, like Nero.

A very cheap burner (around 14 Euro) and that actually works very well when burning Verbatims at 8x and book types automatically.

Never liked Asus before. But today there is pretty much nothing to choose between on the market.

I 01:51:48 Destination Device: [2:0:0] ASUS DRW-24D5MT 2.00 (I:) (SATA)
I 01:51:48 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: MCC-004-00)
I 01:51:48 Destination Media Supported Write Speeds: 8x; 16x; 24x

:)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.