Installing Adobe Creative Suite from multiple ISO files?

Dazza

Hello.

I own an old version of Adobe's Creative Suite (CS5) on DVD, which I'd like to install on my new PC. However my new PC doesn't have a CD/DVD drive. Aha... ImgBurn to the rescue! Now, CS5 is installed via 3 separate DVDs, and while I can create an ISO image for each one easily enough, when it comes to installing the application, the installer gets to around 30% of Disk 1 and then asks for 'Disk 2 to be inserted'. I'll also be asked to insert Disk 3 at some point during the installation too. Is there a way to do this with ISO files/ImgBurn?

Cheers!

Edited by Dazza

One thing that may or may not work.  Copy all the installer files and folders from the DVD's/from the ISO's to a single folder somewhere else.  Do not choose to replace existing files.  Then try running the install/setup executable from this copied to folder.  As I said, this may or may not work.

If that doesn't work, another thing to try is copying the ISO's of these DVD's (You may have to make those yourself.) to a temporary location.  When the installer asks to insert Disc 2, etc. mount the ISO natively as a virtual drive in File Explorer.  This is usually done by just double clicking the ISO, unless ISO is assigned to something else.  Then, when you're asked to insert Disk 2, etc., just point the installer to the virtual drive.  You can tell the drive letter by checking in File Explorer for new disks.  Alternatively, you could install a virtual drive software like Virtual CloneDrive, create 3 virtual drives, and mount all 3 ISO's copied somewhere else as their own individual virtual drive.  Then, when the installer asks you to insert Disc 2, etc. just point the installer to the virtual drive for Disc 2, etc.

Hi!

OK, a few things to try there... thanks for your help! I'll let you know how I get on. :)

EDIT: That worked really well. By that I mean, using Virtual CloneDrive (the method you described before this option would have worked just as well, I'm sure, but this was easier).

The only catch was that the Adobe installer wouldn't let me point to it to the next virtual drive along, but all I needed to do was mount the second ISO to the virtual drive that the first ISO was using... and voila! Very easy. Thanks again!

Edited by Dazza

I would have done the Virtual CloneDrive thing first as that's my go to application for mounting images.  I didn't think about using just one VCD drive and mounting the different ISO's to the same drive each time a disc was called for.  That was good thinking.  :)  Glad it worked!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.