unsupported disk

oterski

ImgBurn.log

Hi,ImgBurn.log

Hi,I used the imageburn,and had the same problem.I drug two files from my downloads over to the window,and I used write files to disk.Everything went fine.The disk will play in my computer fine, but not my dvd players.I have a Panasonic and a Toshiba probably 10-12 years old.They play all other disks with no trouble.I don't know what I did wrong.Please help.

paul.

That's the problem.  Your players probably don't support natively playing container files.  You are trying to play these video files like a DVD, correct?  You will need to use some kind of conversion software to convert the two movie files to VIDEO_TS for DVD Video playback.  I use a paid software called ConvertXToDVD.  There are free alternatives but I don't follow those because last time I saw them years ago, they took too long to convert, the results weren't of the same quality, and/or the software was extremely buggy.

Thanks dbinter.

I'm kind of a dufuss.I had a mini stroke a few years ago,and my head is still a little cloudy.I thought that's what ingburn was doing.I will purchase the convertxttodvd software.Is it pretty easy to use?Basically this is all I have to do with it,so it isn"t any thing complicated.I think I looked at it once,and it didn't have a refund policy unless I'm mistaken.Thank you so much for the help,I really appreciate it.

paul

ImgBurn does no conversion.  It just creates images/burns what you feed into it.

ConvertXToDVD, last I remember, did have an unlimited 7 day free trial.  So, you can test it out and give it a throw.  See if it meets your needs and your level of ease of use.  I find it extremely easy to use and intuitive.  I think the only limitation on the free trial is the video may have a watermark on it.  Still, it should give you a good indication of what you'll get even with a watermark.  I've been using it for like over a decade, since version 4.x and it's now on 7.x.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.