How can I get Imgburn to default to creating .BIN files?

Muse

It is very odd. Sometimes Imgburn offers to create .bin file and sometimes .iso file when I rip an audio CD. I can't figure out how or why it decides this. I have always AFAIK wanted a .bin file. If it offers to create a .iso file and I make a name like myartist_title.bin it still says it's creating a .iso file. To be sure I'm getting a .bin file I need to click the dropdown and select .bin instead of .iso. This is frustrating. I have hunted in the Tools/Settings' tabs and can't find where I can configure Imgburn to offer to create a .bin file instead of a .iso file. I figure it must be there somewhere but I can't find it. What am I missing?

Edited by Muse

The only thing I could think of as to why an Audio CD might be saved as an ISO is it's not technically an Audio CD but a Mixed Mode CD, an Audio CD track with another track for data files.  I'm not entirely sure, but that may be the case.

It'll use ISO for single session / track (mode 1 track) discs. For other CDs, it'll default to BIN (with the accompanying CUE file).

I don't recall ever adding a setting that tells it to always use BIN/CUE - even for basic discs where ISO is easier and usually preferable.

I don't recall ever ripping audio CDs to ISO. I rip to BIN/CUE because I almost always add or tweak CD Text and I don't know if that's even possible if I rip to ISO.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.