How to burn disk as PTP?

Mud

Hi

I am using a LG GSA-H10A DL DVD burner and Vertatim DL DVD+R discs.

I have made an iso image onto my harddrive of a disc that was in PTP mode, but when I am copying the image back onto the blank discs they are burned as OTP and therefore when I put the disc into my Alpine unit, it will not recognize the disk.

How can I change the settings so that the disc is burnt as PTP and not OPT?

Thanks

Is it possible to get PTP media?

I am attempting to make a backup of my sat nav disc, as it is getting very scratched.

Edited to add: I have been setting the book type to DVD-ROM which I assumed would allow a burn to PTP, as this is the format in which PTP burning is normally done

Edited by Mud

you cant burn PTP on OTP media, its not physically possible , and rom has nothing to do with whether it is ptp or not

PTP is parallel track path

OTP is opposite track path, your sat nav reads from the inside of the disc and outwards on both layers, OTP goes from the outside and inwards on the second layer

i have never seen PTP media , i don't believe it is made

I could have sworn a decent burn on Verbatim DVD+R DL media with the DVDROM booktype is supposed to work.

I must admit though, I've not tried it myself.

I've had my alpine CD in the car for a year and took it out the other day to update the disc with the new map (new map = new disc). The old one still looked perfect.

How is yours getting scratched?!

I have an Alpine sat nav system on which I have/had a 2001 version 1 sat nav disk.

I made a copy of this disc using Verbatim DL DVD-R disc, using DVD Decrypter, when I tested this disc it worked fine in my sat nav unit.

SO I managed to get hold of a new 2006 version 3 disk which I made an ISO image of on my hard drive, I followed all the same procedures as my previous old disc and when I inserted the disc in the navi unit, it instanstly downloaded the updated software but then came up with a message telling me that it was unable to read the data.

So I then tried using DL DVD+R discs, but I still get the same message 'Unable to read data' no matter what speed or what software I use, I cannot get the disc to run on the navi unit.

I thought it was due to the Path track type as when I checked the two discs (original and copy) that was the only difference between the two. But now as people above are saying its not possible I do not know why the copies are not working.

Any suggestions?

Ok I think I see the problem, previously with version 1 I was able to burn the disc and use it no problems using a Verbatim DVD-R disc, but now it no longer works with version 3 which makes me think there must be some sort of encryption on this disc...

I have been pointed in the direction of ClonyXXL which I should run with the original disc to see what type of encryption the disc has, as I dont have access to that disc at the moment I cant do so but will do this tomorrow, so hope once that information is know that there is something that canbe done

ImgBurn will not help you (nor any members of this forum) with any protection related matters, sorry.

Remember these are navigation discs that go into custom built drives / machines. I doubt a) they'd use any form of common protection method. b ) ClonyXXL would detect anything.

Hi

No its not a PTP disc issue, I have checked and it seems that the new 2006 discs have some dummy files as a type of encryption which should be easy to bypass for someone who knows what they are doing (unfortunately that it not me!! :( )

post-4891-1163534403_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.