Synchronise Cache Failed! Reason: Incompatible Medium Installed (but the CD still reads??)

Dave00z

Hi,

Upon writing a CD using ImgBurn I get errors as shown below.

However, the CD contents are readable just fine - I've tested this on two PCs.  Should it be safe to sell these CDs?

I 08:04:45 Writing LeadIn...
I 08:05:16 Writing Session 1 of 1... (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 18335)
I 08:05:16 Writing Track 1 of 1... (MODE1/2048, LBA: 0 - 18335)
I 08:05:40 Synchronising Cache...
W 08:06:30 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (0/3) - Incompatible Medium Installed
W 08:06:30 Synchronise Cache Failed! - Reason: Incompatible Medium Installed
W 08:06:30 Retrying (1 of 3)...
W 08:06:30 Retry Failed - Reason: Incompatible Medium Installed
W 08:06:31 Retrying (2 of 3)...
W 08:06:31 Retry Failed - Reason: Incompatible Medium Installed
W 08:06:31 Retrying (3 of 3)...
W 08:06:31 Retry Failed - Reason: Incompatible Medium Installed

When you say they're readable on 2 PC's, what exactly did you do to test their readability?  Did you attempt to use ImgBurn to Read this burned CD-R back to an image file?  If the Read job completes okay, the discs are probably all right.  However, if they're cheap media, like CMC discs, and the info LUK asked you to post will most likely tell who made the CD-R, some people's players may not read them at all or have problems playing them back at some point.

10 hours ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

Pop the disc back in and go into Read mode. Copy and paste all of the info from the box on the right please.

They’re probably fine if 2 drives can read them ok, just be open to the idea that you might have to exchange them if they don’t work for whoever buys them.

Here we go:

MATSHITA DVD+-RW UJ8C1 D.02 (USB)
Current Profile: CD-ROM

Disc Information:
State of Last Session: Complete
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 18 688
Size: 38 273 024 bytes
Time: 04:11:13 (MM:SS:FF)
Supported Read Speeds: 10x, 16x, 20x, 24x

File System Information:
Sectors: 18 688
Size: 38 273 024 bytes
Time: 04:11:13 (MM:SS:FF)

TOC Information:
Session 1... (LBA: 0 / 00:02:00)
-> Track 01  (Mode 1, LBA: 0 / 00:02:00)
-> LeadOut  (LBA: 18688 / 04:11:13)

Track Information:
Session 1...
-> Track 01 (LTSA: 0, LTS: 18686, LRA: 0)

ATIP Information:
Disc ID: 97m15s17f
Manufacturer: Ritek Co.
Start Time of LeadIn: 97m15s17f
Last Possible Start Time of LeadOut: 79m59s70f

9 hours ago, dbminter said:

When you say they're readable on 2 PC's, what exactly did you do to test their readability?  Did you attempt to use ImgBurn to Read this burned CD-R back to an image file?  If the Read job completes okay, the discs are probably all right.  However, if they're cheap media, like CMC discs, and the info LUK asked you to post will most likely tell who made the CD-R, some people's players may not read them at all or have problems playing them back at some point.

I just copied all the contents from the CD to the local drive and opened a few documents.  Let me try burn back into an image file.

Thanks!

Some people do have compatibility problems with Ritek discs on their devices.  They're not as bad as CMC, though, so that isn't as bad a concern here.

If you were able to copy the contents successfully from the burned disc and some of those files opened correctly, a successful Read of this disc to a new image file should be a good indication that the disc is okay.  Not 100% guaranteed, though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.