Question ImgBurn and badblock

britannia90

Um, if I'm understanding what the question may be here, you're asking does ImgBurn return things like CRC errors if it cannot read data from bad sectors on a source device?  ImgBurn should return an error that it cannot read the source file if the source file is on a bad sector on the source device.  You should generally get a Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) error.

the situation is as follows, I have a HDD with some bad sectors badblocks, I downloaded zip, rar, exe files to this HDD and I burned to DVD the burning was finished but I don't know if these files were downloaded in bad sectors of the HDD corrupting them and then secretly burned these files damaged by being in bad sector badblock or if any message is shown?

Edited by britannia90

It’s unlikely you’d have written/saved them to your hdd without an error popping up if there was actually a problem writing them to the disc.

Likewise, if there was a problem reading any of the sectors they’re stored on, you’d have seen an error message.

You can test the zip and rar files by opening them in your compression util and clicking the Test button. The util will tell you if the crc isn’t what it should be.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.