imgburn setup file does not install

juane6

Download the setup file again. Re-enable and update your anti-virus software and also check your machine with an online virus scanner such as HouseCall. A corrupt file or a virus will cause problems. You can find HouseCall here:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Download the setup file again. Re-enable and update your anti-virus software and also check your machine with an online virus scanner such as HouseCall. A corrupt file or a virus will cause problems. You can find HouseCall here:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

just did all that you asked and it is still doing the same thing any other suggestions or any other software that does the same thing ?

did you get imgburn from authors wesbite or one of the mirrors ?

also you admin on that xp machine.

I got it from imgburn and yes I am admin . this is the only application I have ever had problems installing .. I was able to install dvd shrink,fixvts,ripit4me and dvd decrypter without a problem

you recently had a bad shutdown on that computer ?

I would maybe try right click on each drive choose properties tools, check now and tick top box only (automatically fix file system errors) may as well do this on all the partitions or hard drives you have connected, C and the partition your page file is on will need to scan on restart though.

I would also try going into C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch and delete all the files inside this folder, not the folder though.

Also C:\Documents and Settings\Ascii\Local Settings\Temp obviously ascii will be your name or whatever you account is called etc. Delete the files in there.

also you could delete the files in the recent folder.

you will need to have hidden files showing though.

I would even try re creating the page file if all else failed, and download imgburn again.

After downloading again, switch off any anti virus you have to try and install, make sure to switch it back on right after b4 browsing or anything else.

Also maybe think about looking at another anti virus solution and updating that and do a full scan of computer.

Edited by dontasciime

Just to be clear, you're saying that when you double click on the 'SetupImgBurn_2.1.0.0.exe' file, NOTHING happens?

You don't get any sort of screen come up?

Are you also then saying the SetupImgBurn_2.1.0.0.exe file vanishes from whatever location you downloaded it to (i.e. the dekstop) ?

*Something* you're running, be it antivirus, spypware detection, firewall software etc MUST be causing this to happen.

Check the logs of all such software and see what they're doing and why.

There is no way it would just randomly delete itself, so find whatever software is causing the issue and fix it.

It might be worth checking in eventviewer too.

Although you say a few other tools have installed fine, that doesn't mean ImgBurn's setup is the issue. The setup itself is fine. You just have a program installed on your PC that's detecting something it doesn't like in the newer versions of the NSIS installer (which ImgBurn is using) and it's deleting the setup exe because of it. This is a 'false positive' detection and should be fixed by whoever makes the software.

you recently had a bad shutdown on that computer ?

I would maybe try right click on each drive choose properties tools, check now and tick top box only (automatically fix file system errors) may as well do this on all the partitions or hard drives you have connected, C and the partition your page file is on will need to scan on restart though.

I would also try going into C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch and delete all the files inside this folder, not the folder though.

Also C:\Documents and Settings\Ascii\Local Settings\Temp obviously ascii will be your name or whatever you account is called etc. Delete the files in there.

also you could delete the files in the recent folder.

you will need to have hidden files showing though.

I would even try re creating the page file if all else failed, and download imgburn again.

After downloading again, switch off any anti virus you have to try and install, make sure to switch it back on right after b4 browsing or anything else.

Also maybe think about looking at another anti virus solution and updating that and do a full scan of computer.

I did everything you asked except recreate the page file .. how do I do that . Also in regards to your antivirus scan I scaned with a online scanner called house call

Just to be clear, you're saying that when you double click on the 'SetupImgBurn_2.1.0.0.exe' file, NOTHING happens?

Are you also then saying the SetupImgBurn_2.1.0.0.exe file vanishes from whatever location you downloaded it to (i.e. the dekstop) ?

*Something* you're running, be it antivirus, spypware detection, firewall software etc MUST be causing this to happen.

There is no way it would just randomly delete itself, so find whatever software is causing the issue and fix it.

Although you say a few other tools have installed fine, that doesn't mean ImgBurn's setup is the issue. The setup itself is fine. You just have a program installed on your PC that's detecting something it doesn't like in the newer versions of the NSIS installer (which ImgBurn is using) and it's deleting the setup exe because of it. This is a 'false positive' detection and should be fixed by whoever makes the software.

I have disabled the anti virus I have downloded and reinstalled the setup I also have scanned my pc with house call and cleaned it .. how do I launch event viewer

I ran eventviewer and nothing is showing up in the logs

Clearly disabling the AV isn't enough.

Then again, maybe it's not even your AV program that's removing the file?!

What other programs do you have running?

Look in the system tray (near the clock) and see if you have icons for any other memory resident programs that would perform any sort of file checking.

Oh and you didn't answer my questions about what's actually happening - i.e. the first things in my previous post.

Clearly disabling the AV isn't enough.

Then again, maybe it's not even your AV program that's removing the file?!

What other programs do you have running?

Look in the system tray (near the clock) and see if you have icons for any other memory resident programs that would perform any sort of file checking.

Oh and you didn't answer my questions about what's actually happening - i.e. the first things in my previous post.

I had a pop up blocker running I have disabled it .. it is stopzilla. I also downloaded the file and when I run it or open it it just disappears to where ever I saved it too( the setup.exe file get removed and nothing happens)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.