Pause/Resume Burn/Verify + Prompt countdown timer

Defenestration

Can you add the ability to manually pause/resume a burn/verify operation (eg. you could add another button next to the Cancel button). With the addition of the hard disk activity threshold feature, I was thinking that it shouldn't be too hard to add a manual pause/resume feature.

On a different note, can you add optional countdown timers to the build prompts (eg. Volume Label, Root Content), so that it will continue the operation if no reply is received to the prompt within a certain time period.

Press the red stop button and you'll find your pause button already there....where it has been since day 1!

In what situation would you find the timers useful? You're at your pc when you start the build - no? So why would you not then be able to answer the prompts that follow (if any) ?

I'm pretty sure the standard MessageBox API doesn't offer timeout functionality (although I believe it has been added in an advanced version of it in Vista). I have no intention of converting MessageBox calls into proper forms, so for that part, sorry it's a no go.

I could do it on the volume label one though.

Press the red stop button and you'll find your pause button already there....where it has been since day 1!
:doh:

In what situation would you find the timers useful? You're at your pc when you start the build - no? So why would you not then be able to answer the prompts that follow (if any) ?
When burning to a re-writeable disc that needs erasing first. The prompt is only shown after the disc is erased.

I could do it on the volume label one though.

This was the dialog I had in mind :) I mentioned the other as well for completeness.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.