Life Record Count

fpefpe

Yes, that would seem to be the case, but as the text/line appears in the log:

I 16:29:20 CD/DVD Life Record Count: 31 - CD/DVD Record Count: 3
I 16:29:20 BD Life Record Count: 10 - BD Record Count: 3

Is there some "upper limit" to how may disc can be "burned"

Oh, you're concerned that the record count will somehow trigger a finite number of burns limitation?  No.  The record count just keeps track of how many discs the drive has burned.  While there is a finite number of discs a drive will burn before it dies, and that varies based on how long the drive will last and how hard it's been used, it has nothing to do with the record count.  There's no arbitrary limit that is triggered by the record count where a drive will stop burning discs.  And ImgBurn doesn't care what the record count is beyond displaying it.

It's been a long time since I've seen a record count returned by ImgBurn on a drive I've had.  I had even forgotten it was a feature.  It was that long ago.

If my memory serves me correctly, that info is specific to LiteOn drives.

Some tool available for their drives used to display it, I found out where it got that info from and then implemented the same command within ImgBurn so I could display it in the log (just as an FYI type entry).

As db said, it's not an internal count that ImgBurn is performing and there's no limit of any sort imposed by the program.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.