Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: Not Found!

KwSmith

Rather than a huge bmp (a PNG is better), a log would suffice.

You have crammed in too much data most likely and it can't find a proper point for the layer break. OR

Your blank is not being read properly and your drive is misreading the number of sectors (we saw this a few yimes with non Verbatim media).

Post a log please.

Regards

Rather than a huge bmp (a PNG is better), a log would suffice.

You have crammed in too much data most likely and it can't find a proper point for the layer break. OR

Your blank is not being read properly and your drive is misreading the number of sectors (we saw this a few yimes with non Verbatim media).

Post a log please.

Regards

I am using Verbatim DVD+R DL, also a Sony External USB connected burner DRU-830A, he is the error log below...

I 23:01:43 ImgBurn Version 2.1.0.0 started!

I 23:01:43 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 23:01:43 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:01:43 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:01:46 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW and 1 DVD?RW/RAM!

I 23:03:24 Operation Started!

I 23:03:24 Source File: D:\DVD_VIDEO.ISO

I 23:03:24 Source File Sectors: 3,841,866 (MODE1/2048)

I 23:03:24 Source File Size: 7,868,141,568 bytes

I 23:03:24 Source File Volume Identifier: DVD_VIDEO

I 23:03:24 Source File Implementation Identifier: DVD Shrink

I 23:03:24 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I 23:03:24 Destination Device: [0:0:0] SONY DVD RW DRU-830A SS20 (F:) (USB)

I 23:03:24 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-003-00) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x)

I 23:03:24 Destination Media Sectors: 4,173,824

I 23:03:24 Write Mode: DVD

I 23:03:24 Write Type: DAO

I 23:03:24 Write Speed: 2x

I 23:03:24 Link Size: Auto

I 23:03:24 Test Mode: No

I 23:03:24 BURN-Proof: Enabled

E 23:04:37 Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found! (VTS_07)

E 23:04:37 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:01:13

I 23:04:37 Average Write Rate: N/A - Maximum Write Rate: N/A

OK, the drive is recognising the media at its full size, but .....

For some strange reason you have made an ISO with DVD Shrink!!! (Why use DVD Shrink for a dual layer DVD??? It CAN NOT make a proper layer break and it's function is to reduce the size of a DVD, which you clearly do not need here!!!!). Go back to your original files and use ImgBurn in build mode.

Regards

OK, the drive is recognising the media at its full size, but .....

For some strange reason you have made an ISO with DVD Shrink!!! (Why use DVD Shrink for a dual layer DVD??? It CAN NOT make a proper layer break and it's function is to reduce the size of a DVD, which you clearly do not need here!!!!). Go back to your original files and use ImgBurn in build mode.

Regards

Well, I tried a IB again this morning, it play's on my computer with the English sub-titles on I have to reste those in the menu everytime it plays however, when I try to play it on my set top DVD player I get a disc error and it spit's it back out, I have all the log's from beginning to end, I can't figure it out, I'm not as astute as you guys are, could you look at my log's and maybe point me in the right direction, I have followed/read every guide on this site and my DL DVD's are piling up, I know I'll get there, but I need some help, thank you very much for your time.

ImgBurn.log

I 07:08:23 Source Media Type: DVD+R DL (Book Type: DVD+R DL) (Disc ID: MKM-003-00) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x)

You're not doing any booktype / bitsetting.

Maybe your standalone player doesn't support DVD+R DL and so you NEED to be doing it (so it looks like a DVDROM).

please excuse my sounding like such a dumb-@$$, but I really don't understand what you said about bitsetting/booktype, I suspect it's a type of coding to let "anyones,DVD,player" read a DVD+R DL's written content on the DVD disc for the player... correct? Are there correct setting within IB that are appropriate for this media? Thank you so very much for your response sir, I do appreciate this. kind regards...

Ok, for bitsetting you first need to find out/work out who really makes your Sony drive (it's not Sony!).

Previous models have been LiteOn so it makes sense to try LiteOn first.

When you're in 'Write' mode you'll notice a little 'Book' type icon down the bottom right. Click it.

Then switch to the LiteOn tab.

Find 'DVD+R DL - EEPROM' in the drop down list and hopefully 'Current Setting' won't then say 'Failed' (if it does, it's not a LiteOn).

Then in the 'New Setting' box, select DVDROM and hit the 'Change' button.

The pray for a 'Success' message.

Hopefully you now get the idea.

Ok, for bitsetting you first need to find out/work out who really makes your Sony drive (it's not Sony!).

Previous models have been LiteOn so it makes sense to try LiteOn first.

When you're in 'Write' mode you'll notice a little 'Book' type icon down the bottom right. Click it.

Then switch to the LiteOn tab.

Find 'DVD+R DL - EEPROM' in the drop down list and hopefully 'Current Setting' won't then say 'Failed' (if it does, it's not a LiteOn).

Then in the 'New Setting' box, select DVDROM and hit the 'Change' button.

The pray for a 'Success' message.

Hopefully you now get the idea.

Success? Success? the sweet viewing of Success? AT LAST, Mr. Lightning UK, If I may, Mr. Lightning ?Bolt? you sir have pointed me there, to that place where crisp moving images reside, DVD burning Heaven, using equipment that has more meaningful purposes than, well you all know what I mean? just sitting their? un-utilized?

THANK YOU, I thank you all, you are all a network of Brain Power, a pool of knowledge that 200 years ago helped/built governments/societies? Ok? I?m excited as you can tell.

In regards to your last response posted by L.UK. The burner, being a Sony external burning USB drive I purchased was actually a Samsung?? How you do that Mr. L. is such a talent, you are deep into every aspect of hard/soft ware! You really are everything your followers say you are? Anyway, I tried all selections in Write mode, changing drive manufactures until ?your baby? saw something that ?IB? could deal with or talk to! and that gave me the option to go on.

I would like to make a donation to the cause? just something to add to the pile, if I may,

any preferred donation names/sites you would suggest via PayPal (right now transfers) would be greatly appreciated.

Again, thanks to everyone that has taken the time to help me through what I thought was a losing battle? You guys are the shat?

Love and Peace and Respect from the USA? Kevin

:D:rolleyes::santa::whistling::innocent::D

If the stubbies are on all the time, you'll need to re-author the DVD before burning it. But it sounds as if your burning issues may be behind you.

Regards

Yes blu, my stubbies are on all the time. :D

Wow, what an excited chap, glad to see someone that happy, happy burning. :thumbup:

I 07:08:23 Source Media Type: DVD+R DL (Book Type: DVD+R DL) (Disc ID: MKM-003-00) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x)

You're not doing any booktype / bitsetting.

Maybe your standalone player doesn't support DVD+R DL and so you NEED to be doing it (so it looks like a DVDROM).

Mr. Lightning, one more question, Note: It's 'ALL GOOD' actually IB is the bomb!, I was wondering, is there a CFG file that will hold the Book Type information after it was changed?, it appears that after I change to the correct hardware and I get the Success Ok, the very next time I use it, it will not be set for my hardware and I have to re-set it again... Not that, 'that' is all of a big deal, hell I can click for approx. 3 seconds to get there, its just after a few beverages... ha! I forgot and made some beverage coasters DL's at that... anyway sir, again thanks and please advise me on this elusive CFG file... ?

Kind Regards... KwSmith

ps: Just a thought... Please hear me out then decide... I have a bit of marketing behind me, anyway, your skill set(s) need to be incorperated into a childrens toy, called something like "Game Trader!, little kid's buy, no, the parent's BUY this box?, it has a screen, it plays games, there cool, there goofie, there instructional, there basically to keep them busy! Age group between 3 to 5 or maybe start them sooner say 2 to 7 (7 being the poor kid's?), anyway, they play the "disc's" / game(s), get tired, now YOUR IB can burn a new disc for trading among "all" there friends, "cheap" little disc's... with a eprom and a laser a screen in a pretty color box(s) pink and blue, the least worry of the marketing campain!... see where this could go?, "Learn-um-Early" Anyway, Mr. Lighning, just a quick thought, if anyone could pull it off... I believe you could, with a bit of help from myself! ha! this would put IB in the biggest market on the planet... the kid's getting kool stuff... little bastards... hahahaha! there's a lot of $ out there...

Mr. Lightning, one more question, Note: It's 'ALL GOOD' actually IB is the bomb!, I was wondering, is there a CFG file that will hold the Book Type information after it was changed?, it appears that after I change to the correct hardware and I get the Success Ok, the very next time I use it, it will not be set for my hardware and I have to re-set it again... Not that, 'that' is all of a big deal, hell I can click for approx. 3 seconds to get there, its just after a few beverages... ha! I forgot and made some beverage coasters DL's at that... anyway sir, again thanks and please advise me on this elusive CFG file... ?

To the best of my knowledge only LG drives suffer from this, is it the next time you use it? Or is it when you reboot the pc you have to reset it?

If it's the latter, there is not much you can do about it, although there is a little util for LG's that takes care of this, there might be one for your drive as well, you just might have to search the net.

:o I sense the mantle is passing from volvo to me.

Too cold for stubbies Ken. Get any snow the other day?

Regards

Blu, you didn't look too hard, I edited your post :D

No, But about 10K up the road (at Macedon) they certainly did, just hail and rain here.

To the best of my knowledge only LG drives suffer from this, is it the next time you use it? Or is it when you reboot the pc you have to reset it?

If it's the latter, there is not much you can do about it, although there is a little util for LG's that takes care of this, there might be one for your drive as well, you just might have to search the net.

Well, here's the stat's: My burner is a Sony; actually found out its a Samsung from trying all the different types, It is "only" after I reboot it loses the selection, If I burn another project it will hold the correct selection for Samsung and I have "no coaster", if I may ask, what type of utility would hold that info other than IB, I was kind of hoping Mr. Lighning would address that?, maybe its really not such a big deal, I can click for 2 to 3 second's and reset it all the time, the way that IB work's is fantastic...I'll do the extra tick's all the time and never mention this issue again. thanks for the reply sir.

Well, here's the stat's: My burner is a Sony; actually found out its a Samsung from trying all the different types, It is "only" after I reboot it loses the selection, If I burn another project it will hold the correct selection for Samsung and I have "no coaster", if I may ask, what type of utility would hold that info other than IB, I was kind of hoping Mr. Lighning would address that?, maybe its really not such a big deal, I can click for 2 to 3 second's and reset it all the time, the way that IB work's is fantastic...I'll do the extra tick's all the time and never mention this issue again. thanks for the reply sir.

It's the Eprom within the drive itself that holds that info, therefore when you reboot, some drives (I know LG is one of them) unload that info, and you have to reset it.

The util I was refering to is small command line batch file that runs every time you boot the computer and resets the drive to DVD-ROM.

By the way, the discs you are refering to as coasters, they realy aren't, it's just your player doesn't support +R media, you'll find they'll play just fine on a player that does.

It's the Eprom within the drive itself that holds that info, therefore when you reboot, some drives (I know LG is one of them) unload that info, and you have to reset it.

The util I was refering to is small command line batch file that runs every time you boot the computer and resets the drive to DVD-ROM.

By the way, the discs you are refering to as coasters, they realy aren't, it's just your player doesn't support +R media, you'll find they'll play just fine on a player that does.

Thanks for the utility tip... ; as far as the "not supported" set top player, well, I like to change those out every couple of years, they served there purpose and then its time to upgrade, I've found it harder to support the older stuff too difficult, just like, you really don't see too many renditions of a sofetware supporting Windows and W95 anymore... same thing different animal... ka-peash?

Again, thanks to all of you, you guys rock... P-L-R from the USA Kevin :ninja:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.