Running a PIPO Test on Some Media

TomBrooklyn

How does one run a PIPO test on some DVD media? I have DVDInfoPro. What are the tests and test settings? How does one start a thread on some media that is not covered now? To wit: Memorex DVD +R DL. How does one save the screenshot as a DNL. The program Snapshot didn't give me that option.

post-1305-1163740433_thumb.png

Edited by TomBrooklyn

those memorex are made with CMC MAG dye and that particular dye is tested in the media and drives forum its just under a different brand name

Bulkpak 2.4x DVD+R DL [CMC MAG-D01-00]

we appreciate your effort to test the Memorex but I'd say dont waste your money with those discs For DL's its Verbatim the only discs that work properly

I'd say dont waste your money with those discs For DL's its Verbatim the only discs that work properly

Hi polopony,

Unfortunately from most of what I've been reading, I already bought a 25 spindle of Memorex +R DL and have used about half of them already for backing up movies. I got them at Newegg a couple of weeks ago because they were selling for the best price and because of the Brand Recognition for the Memorex Brand.

I hope I they weren't a big waste of time and money. They're working for now on one of my players.

By the way, I just checked back at NewEgg and they're having a special on Verbatim +R DL: a spindle of 20 for $34 + $5 S/H but they come with a $10 mail in rebate making them only $1.50/disk if you don't mind the MIR hassle. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817130008

Edited by TomBrooklyn

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=688

There is the link to my tests with that media ID what quality score did you get in the end Tom ? Also if you follow my link you can copy the DVDinfoPro settings from my pics :wink:

Hi lf,

I'll check out your tests and DVDInfoPro settings. I did one complete test and it was running up to 93.x% until towards the end when I got a spike in the bottom graph and it finished at 89.x % I don't know if I used the correct settings though.

I'm interested now in how I can expect the backups I've already made to hold up so I'm going to do some more tests after I check the settings. I have a Lite-On SHM-165H6S. If you want to see the results or anything, let me know. (+ let me know if they're are any particular proceedures you're interested in.)

I have made 13 movie backups so far with this media and they've been playing good on my relatively new Phillips 5140 but only one has played on my older Panasonic S35. That's originally what got me concerned and got me started looking into it.

Edited by TomBrooklyn

the concern with those CMC MAG discs is being able to read them after a period of time ,Brand Recognition gets everyone I think and wouldn't you know that the Verbs would be on sale after you bought the Memorex its always the way

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=688

There is the link to my tests with that media ID what quality score did you get in the end Tom ? Also if you follow my link you can copy the DVDinfoPro settings from my pics :wink:

I do not know how to read all the graphics that are put up for different media and different tests, for example the link supplied by ifcrule1972.

Is there any way in these media reviews that the important things can be highlighted and discussed?

TIA

Edited by random

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.