Video DVD and ImgBurn

Tiger

Hi friends,

First a lot of thanks to the developers for providing such a beautiful piece of software. :thumbup::clapping:

From VideoHelp.com I came to know that using ImgBurn I can burn the Video_TS folders to DVD. I use single layer +R DVD and I want to have Video DVDs playble in Stand Alone DVD players.

Please tell me how can I do that. :/

I found one guide here but that is for DL +R DVDs which I do not use.

Thank you linx05,

May I take this oppertunity to ask another question regarding this matter? I have a original Win Xp Pro CD which came with my Compaq PC. I think I should make a copy of that [i can have 1 copy as backup legally]. I could have gone for a disk to disk copy, but due to some reason I can not boot from that CD. I have copied the files and folders of the Cd to my HDD. Now can ImgBurn be used to make a bootable CD? If yes, then how?

Please see if you could help.

Thank you again.

Edited by Tiger

This is a bit of a grey area. The "Fair Use" policy doesn't exist in certain parts of the world. Certainly not in Australia. I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist in the UK either. As this forum is run from the UK (even though it's hosted in the USA), technically, we can't help you make a backup of copyrighted material, which is what your Windows disk is, even if your local laws allow it. I would suggest searching Google.

This is a bit of a grey area. The "Fair Use" policy doesn't exist in certain parts of the world. Certainly not in Australia. I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist in the UK either. As this forum is run from the UK (even though it's hosted in the USA), technically, we can't help you make a backup of copyrighted material, which is what your Windows disk is, even if your local laws allow it. I would suggest searching Google.

Are you sure? As far as my knowladge goes this policy exists all over the world that the rightful owner can make one backup copy of his owned copyrihgted material- I know it for certain.

you better check again because thats not true, there are a couple of countrys where you can legaly make a backup for yourself but to add to the list you can't do it in the US either .We've been over this topic for years and are sure about it

I believe 'fair use' only applies if there is no copy protection on the disc that otherwise prohibits you from making a copy.

As soon as you circumvent anything, you're breaking the law.

So if you can make your backup without using *ANY* special tools (i.e. you JUST use bog standard cd/dvd tools like Nero, RecordNow Max etc) then you're probably ok.

Of course normal rules would then apply I guess. If you're no longer licensed to use the original disc, you must destroy all backup copies.

NOTE: I am not a lawyer and the above is only a summary of my (very limited) understanding on a very complex matter.

Thank you LIGHTNING UK!

At first allow me to thank you personally for making such abeautiful software, thank you very much.

As far as my knowladge goes, in our country I backup is allowed, and yes when I'm not eligible to use tha original I have yo destroy the backup too.

Still could you please give me some hints how I can make a bootable one? I have Compaq recovery CD but that simply formats the harddisk. So I need a bootable CD to recover my XP in case of trouble.

Thank you again.

Open Nero (not smart start one), then if the wizard starts , click cancel.

put your xp CD into DVD reader,

click on extras at top, then choose save tracks, and choose the reader you put CD into when Nero asks which one.

Choose output to ISO.

Browse to where you want to save ISO to and choose a name for it.

Click on options at bottom click read speed and choose 24X.

Then press go.

Then burn the ISO with imgburn

Just to be a wet blanket, how old is this PC? Compaq/HP have not provided any sort of OS discs for years.

Thank you linx05,

May I take this oppertunity to ask another question regarding this matter? I have a original Win Xp Pro CD which came with my Compaq PC. I think I should make a copy of that [i can have 1 copy as backup legally]. I could have gone for a disk to disk copy, but due to some reason I can not boot from that CD. I have copied the files and folders of the Cd to my HDD. Now can ImgBurn be used to make a bootable CD? If yes, then how?

Please see if you could help.

Thank you again.

This is all you usually get with Compaq/HP, not both.

Still could you please give me some hints how I can make a bootable one? I have Compaq recovery CD but that simply formats the harddisk. So I need a bootable CD to recover my XP in case of trouble.

Hi

I bought this PC in 2001 and it was from Compaq, before acquisition by HP.

And yes I have both. When I boot with Compaq recovery CD it asks for the Windows CD but as I said the trouble is the recovery CD will make a fresh install deleting every available partition on my master HDD. So as a more or less advanced user of my PC I just can't use that.

BTW I have successfully created the ISO of the video folder.

Thank you all.

Now I guess that I need to just burn it on a blank DVD-r as I used to burn CD ISO images- right? Or there is some special settings that I need to change? Finally I would like to make it a DVD video which can be played in my Stand Alone Philips DVD player.

If I remember correctly, it is not a country specific law, it is a part of the Intellectual property right [part of GAAT] that allows every rightful owner to have one back up copy.

If you tried this arguement in an Australian court you would lose. That's a guarantee. Fair Use as you know it has never existed here and going by the changes the Federal Government is trying to push through parliment, I doubt it ever will. We do have something similar called Fair Dealing which is a veritable minefield of legal jargon which you can find here:

http://www.ag.gov.au/agd/WWW/rwpattach.nsf...Paper050505.doc

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.