Error during verification

Pain_Man

I have gotten an error during the verification of burn to a Verbatim +R DL.

I've seen this error before, when making a copy of a copy. The ripping of the original disk and then the burning to the new disc. The disc content, is of course, legal. Only for privacy's sake, :blush: , is the title removed.

I tried both "Try Again" and "Continue" buttons but to no avail. Each time IB returned the same pop up but with a different sector. Rather than post half a dozen pictures, I'm only posting one since it only differs from the others in the sector number.

When this happened before the disk scanned without issue and played without a problem. I haven't scanned this disc in question or watched it.

I am a lot a loss to under this error or what it means. I'd be grateful for any help I can get. Thx.

This pop up occured:

260844.jpg

This is the ImgBurn log:

260845.png

Below is the DIP Write/Verify Graph from DIP (if it's of help):

260846.png

Here's the scan:

260847.png

Obviously one would prefer better (94-95% Quality). The only thing that concerns me is the tall, red line. Still I've seen much, much worse scans.

Edited by Pain_Man

In my less than technical opinion PM your drive is struggling with that disc. It is encountering read errors starting at Sector 2457632.....

I don't suppose there is any dust or blotches visible on the back of the disc ?

You might be able to watch it in a standalone player as we know they are less picky and better able to handle errors than your PC drive.

Thanks crule.

You may be right. As I said, I've only seen this behavior once (perhaps twice) before and it was when I was copying a copy, not copying from the original.

Hopefully it will play fine as the damn thing still cost $2 US ea. (1.2 pounds? We no longer have pound sterling symbols on our keyboards.)

How's your football team doing?

My hometown team is No. 1 in their division. Might even make the playoffs this year. Have a tremendously talented running back, who's already busting up records like they were made of vinyl.

In my less than technical opinion PM your drive is struggling with that disc. It is encountering read errors starting at Sector 2457632.....

I don't suppose there is any dust or blotches visible on the back of the disc ?

You might be able to watch it in a standalone player as we know they are less picky and better able to handle errors than your PC drive.

I don't like to talk about football anymore PM :(

:lol: Seriously their form is all over the place, good at home, shite away altho arguably we have now played our toughest away games of the season now. Champions League tonight (against top teams from other European countries) and that has been ok so far this year with Liverpool already qualified for the knock out stages. :)

I don't like to talk about football anymore PM :(

:lol: Seriously their form is all over the place, good at home, shite away altho arguably we have now played our toughest away games of the season now. Champions League tonight (against top teams from other European countries) and that has been ok so far this year with Liverpool already qualified for the knock out stages. :)

My hometown's team in 8-2, in first place. Their running back (half back) is being called the best player in Football (not soccer).

he's already smashing records right and left. And he's a genuinely nice guy. There's a hard combination to beat in any sport. Think of Barry Bonds! Here's an article:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6195886...T=HCP>1=8807

Thanks, Lightning.

As for choosing a slower burning time, I've tested this. DIP scans don't really change when the burn is done at 2.4x (which takes a helluva lot longer than doing it at 6x, esp with a verify; tho' rated at up to 8x, these Verbs, at least for me, never burn faster than an avg of 6 and change).

I have discs that have scanned in the 50s that still play with no errors. I'm still on the fence about the, how should I put, the real world utility of DIP's scans. People talk about their being a "longevity" predictor. Yet the discs with the crappy scans tend to be some of the oldest ones I've burnt.

So, I'm still not sure.

We'll see what happens when the disc is watched.

"Duff"? Y'all do have your own way of talking English. Like Bernard Shaw said: Two peoples separated by a common language.

Looks like a duff disc to me.

That's not to say I'd overspeed 2.4x media to 8x anyway.

Being the price they are, I'd rather leave the machine a little longer and let it burn at the media's rated speed.

My wife just told me that she watched the disc--she's outta state--and it played without error.

So the problem appears to be with the verification process (doubtful) or the drive.

The drive in question, a Pioneer 110D (FW 1.41) has been fucking up lately. The DIP scans have been getting worse and worse.

Have to check for a FW upgrade. See if that fixes it.

Can't wait to see what kind of burner the new machine has! Sorry if I sound like a CD player with a broken repeat button, but I've never had the computer I really, really wanted till now. So I'm waiting with baited breath for it to get here. I wish now that I'd bitten the bullet and paid for Two-Day Air shipping. Waiting till 30th--if actually takes that long--is going to tie me in knots!

Looks like a duff disc to me.

That's not to say I'd overspeed 2.4x media to 8x anyway.

Being the price they are, I'd rather leave the machine a little longer and let it burn at the media's rated speed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.