Problems after new firmware.

Mutilated

Today i got a new writer (NEC AD-7173A) and first i burned a movie with the original firmware and everything worked great.

Now i have updated my firmware (to 1.02) so i could change bitsetting to DVD-ROM on DVD+R disks and now i have probs with IMGburn.

I only have one drive and its a Master.

Device Buffer on IMGburn starts at 90% but drops to 0% 4-5 times during a burn and i also noticed this in the movie since the audio was missing at those parts when it drops :(

On the log you CANT see the 4-5 times where the Device Buffer drops to 0%.

The 'Waiting for buffers..' in the log is only when i started Firefox :)

Any ideas?

Log:

I 18:59:52 ImgBurn Version 2.1.0.0 started!

I 18:59:52 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 18:59:52 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:59:52 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:59:52 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD?RW/RAM!

I 19:00:05 Operation Started!

I 19:00:05 Source File: D:\**********.img

I 19:00:05 Source File Sectors: 2 278 012 (MODE1/2048)

I 19:00:05 Source File Size: 4 665 368 576 bytes

I 19:00:05 Source File Volume Identifier: NRON

I 19:00:05 Source File Application Identifier: MKISOFS ISO 9660/HFS FILESYSTEM BUILDER & CDRECORD CD-R/DVD CREATOR © 1993 E.YOUNGDALE © 1997 J.PEARSON/J.SCHILLING

I 19:00:05 Source File Implementation Identifier: mkisofs

I 19:00:05 Source File File System(s): ISO9660; UDF (1,02)

I 19:00:05 Destination Device: [0:0:0] Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A 1-O2 (H:) (ATA)

I 19:00:05 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: MCC-004-00) (Speeds: 2,4x; 4x; 6x; 8x; 12x; 16x; 18x)

I 19:00:05 Destination Media Sectors: 2 295 104

I 19:00:05 Write Mode: DVD

I 19:00:05 Write Type: DAO

I 19:00:05 Write Speed: 16x

I 19:00:05 Link Size: Auto

I 19:00:05 Test Mode: No

I 19:00:05 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 19:00:19 Filling Buffer...

I 19:00:20 Writing LeadIn...

I 19:00:47 Writing Image...

W 19:04:46 Waiting for buffers to recover...

W 19:05:04 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level...

I 19:05:05 Writing Image...

I 19:06:35 Synchronising Cache...

I 19:06:36 Closing Track...

I 19:06:54 Finalising Disc...

I 19:07:04 Image MD5: fbf20996feb4ecfe4ac1d5e2873636dd

I 19:07:09 File Successfully Deleted: D:\**********.img

I 19:07:09 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:06:59

I 19:07:09 Average Write Rate: 13 092 KB/s (9.5x) - Maximum Write Rate: 18 825 KB/s (13.6x)

I 19:07:23 Close Request Acknowledged

I 19:07:23 Closing Down...

I 19:07:24 Shutting down SPTI...

I 19:07:24 ImgBurn closed!

Edited by Mutilated

NEC drives perform WOPC during the burn, that's why the buffer drops, it's totally normal.

Look at the 'Write Speed Data Graph' via DVDInfoPro and you'll see the buffer dips quite clearly.

I dont think its normal that i dont get any sound on the movie at those parts, and its only then, otherwise it works.

This problem is only with IMGburn.

Edited by Mutilated

You have Burn-Proof enabled acccording to your log. Therefore it matters not if the buffer drops to 0 since the drive will simply wait for the buffer to fill giving it something to burn...this does not affect the quality of the burn. Also unless you know the exact position of the laser as it is burning onto the disc, you can't be sure that the sound problem is with the burn and not the file you are burning from. I would remake the file and try again.

You have Burn-Proof enabled acccording to your log. Therefore it matters not if the buffer drops to 0 since the drive will simply wait for the buffer to fill giving it something to burn...this does not affect the quality of the burn. Also unless you know the exact position of the laser as it is burning onto the disc, you can't be sure that the sound problem is with the burn and not the file you are burning from. I would remake the file and try again.

There is a difference between the Buffer and Device Buffer.

The buffer suffers only when i open programs and yes, the program goes to paus and wait, but not with the Device Buffer, it just keeps going and going.

There is nothing wrong the the .img file and the sound is missing at only those parts when the Device Buffer goes to 0%.

how are you checking the original .img?

Checking if someone else has had probs with it, and no one did. :)

I dont have that file anymore so im gonna try with another movie.

I have now burned another movie with CloneCD, im gonna check it later if its the same probs their.

If CloneCD works, well then the choice is easy of which prog to use :)

Instead of trying to be clever why do you not just listen.

The members of this forum and previous forum have seen this behaviour before, whereby someone comes along, says everything was fine now its gone belly up and it must be the programs fault. They try and help and you do nothing but disagree with the free advice given.

If clone CD works then do them a favour and goto their forum, keep paying them money and whilst your at it do the people trying to help you on this forum the opposite and leave them alone.

Edited by dontasciime

16x = wont work, no audio during some parts of the dvd when the device buffer gets to 0%

8x = same thing

In a while i will watch a movie burnt with CloneCD and see if it works.

It could be the new firmware that sucks, but since the original firmware doesn't support bitsettings i hope this one works.

Any other ideas?

Edited by Mutilated

I'd like to refer you to this post...

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=31393

This is me burning that same media with your drive (on the original 1.01 firmware).

As you can see from the top picture, the white buffer line drops down at regular intervals - IT'S SUPPOSED TO DO THAT! - As I said before, it's part of the WOPC process.

Also note it quite happily reached the full 18x that it's supposed to.

You're trying to pick out problems that just don't exist.

You came here looking for help and yet are unwilling to accept what we're telling you.

Even if you don't believe the other members, you should at least have a tiny bit of faith in me! I've been programming this thing (and it's predecessor) for over 6 years and I bet I've seen/offered support for almost all the problems that could ever occur.

I'd like to refer you to this post...

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=31393

This is me burning that same media with your drive (on the original 1.01 firmware).

As you can see from the top picture, the white buffer line drops down at regular intervals - IT'S SUPPOSED TO DO THAT! - As I said before, it's part of the WOPC process.

Also note it quite happily reached the full 18x that it's supposed to.

You're trying to pick out problems that just don't exist.

You came here looking for help and yet are unwilling to accept what we're telling you.

Even if you don't believe the other members, you should at least have a tiny bit of faith in me! I've been programming this thing (and it's predecessor) for over 6 years and I bet I've seen/offered support for almost all the problems that could ever occur.

When i have i said i dont believe you? Cause i do, but that does not help me does it? I still dont get any audio on the final DVD during those skips.

But anyway, CloneCD worked fine so im gonna use that from now on. Bye folks and take care.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.