Burning ISO files

JohnthePilot

Hi,

Apologies. I've asked this before, but can't remember what the answer was and the topic has been deleted.

I tried to burn an ISO file and selected "Write", but ended up with a coaster with the same ISO file on it instead of a playable DVD. What have I done wrong?

Sorry to ask again.

Thanks,

Pilot.

Hi cornholio,

My God! That was quick.

just to check , you chose write mode and navigated to your iso?

you didnt navigate to it in build mode?

Can't remember which way I did it. Could that be the problem? I'll try again making sure I select write first. Gonna use a +RW this time just in case. :)

Regards,

Pilot.

Edited by JohnthePilot

Hi,

Cornholio

thats what she said last night :P

Lucky you :)

it sounds like you did it from build mode to me , but lets see after your r/w test :)

It worked, but I don't understand this. I tried again, this time selecting the file with Build selected, and it would only let me select a folder, so I must have had Write selected originally.

Regars,

Pilot.

It all depends on which button you click in build mode.

One browses for files, the other browses for folders.

If you ended up with an ISO as a file on the last cd/dvd you burnt, either you used Build mode or the ISO you burnt (in Write mode) DID actually contain another ISO file!

Hi Lighting,

Thanks for your reply.

It all depends on which button you click in build mode.

One browses for files, the other browses for folders.

I must have pressed the wrong button, but when I tried again, Build would only let me select a folder.

If you ended up with an ISO as a file on the last cd/dvd you burnt, either you used Build mode or the ISO you burnt (in Write mode) DID actually contain another ISO file!

Reburning in Write mode gave me the right result, so the ISO file was OK. At least everything is OK now.

Thanks to you both for your help.

Regards,

Pilot.

I think the problem for you was that in Build Mode ImgBurn will let you select either files or folders (as LUK said above ;) ) dependant upon the button you push.

I think you are right. If Write is selected then the only option is to select a file, but Build lets you select both a file or folder, and that's what I must have done. At least I got the job done in the end.

Regards,

Pilot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.