Build Mode (Queue)

trickstar

Depending on which one you mean, it's part of the main screen, I can't change the size.

Hit the little green arrow and it'll grow a bit.

If you mean the std windows open file dialog boxes, they already are resizable.

There are too many options within build mode to make a queue system feasible right now.

Blimey that's insane! I thought all the appropriate flags were already being passed to that API so that it displayed the box in the new explorer format.

I assumed it would already be resizeable as a default windows thing.... I guess not! (I also see you're not getting the 'places' bar on the left of that 'open' dialog box).

Thanks for picking up on it.

EDIT: Ah yes, I was correct in my thinking. The box would normally be resizeable from just adding the flag to make it use the new 'explorer' format - only because I've also quite recently added a 'hook' to it (so I can position the box etc) the resizeable flag must then be added manually.

This has now been done ready for the next version.

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I like imgburn but I am missing some features in build mode. I use build mode only for burning directly to cd. It would be better if it were possible to create folders in build mode. And I'm missing multisession support. If these were implemented I would hardly use anithing else at all. (Except for audio cd-s)

• 4 weeks later...

Yup I agree, multisession appending would be a significant feature for incremental backups or something. This feature will be the thing that will led us and maybe more ppl to get rid other burning bloatwares.

However managing the TOC of the media is kind of difficult I think, especially if multiple filesystems are used.

And managing folder would be nice, however this work can be done in the explorer before.

ANyway again thx for your really good work :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just wanted to add that I'd really like to see a build queue as well. It's the only thing I feel is missing from ImgBurn. From a user's POV it makes a lot more sense to me than a write queue, since the latter still requires me to be sitting at my PC to switch discs, whereas with the former I could fire and forget and have ten nice ISOs waiting for me to burn when it was done.

Personally, the only reason I'd need a build queue is for DVDs. I build ten or twenty of those suckers at a time; not so with data ISOs. So, for me (and others with my habits), something simple like ImgTool Classic (very simple options and no need for anything else) but with a queue would be great.

Might be worth considering.

Anyway, great program and good work!

Hi, just wanted to add that I'd really like to see a build queue as well. It's the only thing I feel is missing from ImgBurn. From a user's POV it makes a lot more sense to me than a write queue, since the latter still requires me to be sitting at my PC to switch discs, whereas with the former I could fire and forget and have ten nice ISOs waiting for me to burn when it was done

Que feature for writing DVDs works best if you have more than 1 DVD writer. I assumed this feature was added for this purpose, maybe I am wrong though.

• 2 weeks later...
Que feature for writing DVDs works best if you have more than 1 DVD writer. I assumed this feature was added for this purpose, maybe I am wrong though.

Maybe, but I finally started using the burn queue and now I love it, and I only have one burner.

I'd like to repeat my request for a build queue. Here's the post I wrote about it in another forum (to save me typing all that again):

You know, I want to do for the ISO build process what IMGBurn does for the DVD burning process, make a list of DVD volume folders and click go and the software builds them all.

I saw on the IMGBurn forum that someone requested just that, but the author said ISO building involves way too many variables for that.

That may be true, but when we're building DVD ISOs we can get away with almost no complexity (IMGTool Classic is proof of that - I've been using it exclusively for years now and not only are there practically no variables, what are there I don't ever change). DVD ISOs are the vast majority of my ISO building/burning tasks.

So, is there an app out there that does this, that I haven't seen yet? Is there maybe an app that can coax IMGTool Classic into doing this?

I wish the guy who runs IMGBurn would consider adding some simple queue functionality to the ISO build process (especially since he's already written a queue function for ISO burning, and it has more variables than IMGTool Classic!).

Edited by skipit

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.