Buffers waiting to recover

the olde

Getting a few of the above recently.

please refer to log.

Yes I know the media's crap, but good enough to test things on!!

What causes this and will it effect burns?

ImgBurn.log

Edited by the olde

I 11:54:53 Writing Image...

W 11:55:13 Waiting for buffers to recover...

W 11:55:15 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level...

I 11:55:17 Writing Image...

Never had that happen to me before. On the surface it looks like the buffers have been emptied and the hard drive is busy doing something else, so can't transfer enough data for the burner. Were you running other applications in the background (or foreground), or did your antivirus program kicking in and start performing a drive scan?

With the Burn-Proof etc enabled these days it probably should be OK. Did you do a verify? Personally for the time it takes to burn a disc I usually limit what else I do on the PC to things with minimal hard drive usage (then that's probably left over from my burning days before burnproof).

Never had that happen to me before. On the surface it looks like the buffers have been emptied and the hard drive is busy doing something else, so can't transfer enough data for the burner. Were you running other applications in the background (or foreground), or did your antivirus program kicking in and start performing a drive scan?

With the Burn-Proof etc enabled these days it probably should be OK. Did you do a verify? Personally for the time it takes to burn a disc I usually limit what else I do on the PC to things with minimal hard drive usage (then that's probably left over from my burning days before burnproof).

\cheers

left the pc alone when burning however, AVG antivirus was on at time running in background, not scanning though, would this effect things?

Edited by the olde

AVG shouldn't affect if so long as it hasn't kicked in with a scheduled full scan (it doesn't pop up, rather just shows an additional icon in the system tray when running a scheduled scan). You can check the schedule via the AVG control centre (double click on the system tray icon). I run AVG myself and it's never caused me a problem (I have full scan scheduling disabled though).

Edited by zacoz

All it means is that your HD can't supply your burner with data quickly enough. It can happen if your burner and HD share an IDE channel or your source is a slow network drive, for example.

All it means is that your HD can't supply your burner with data quickly enough. It can happen if your burner and HD share an IDE channel or your source is a slow network drive, for example.

I've been having this problem almost every time I burn. I always use TY media and always burn at 4X for qulaity. What's the solution to resolve this issue? I'm using a desktop at home and everythings in the startup tab in msconfig has been unchecked so there's nothing running when I burn.

-D j K i l l a-

you could turn off buffer recovery if you prefer it, maybe your hdd and burner are on the same cable?

My system has only one HD and thats on SATA, the whole system built around dual core AMD 4600 with 2GB ram etc etc.

Dont think I should be seeing buffer runs at all.

V strange

Edited by the olde

• 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.