CDR's, a video clip and a desay DVD player.

Hobbes

I have a bunch of CDR's, a desay DVD player and a video clip I want to play on the TV. The clip is in AVI format.

From the "Anyway to burn data using ImgBurn?" thread, does that apply to me too? Should I change it to an ISO format? Is that the most likely format to work on the DVD player? Does changing it to ISO completely convert the AVI format, or does it retain its AVI factors (what ever those are), just inside of an image?

I also have siren jukebox 2.0. It says it can burn "date". Is .AVI considered data for this purpose?

Edited by Hobbes

If your desay? dvd player plays divx, you can burn your avi file as is, and it should work. If not, you'll need to convert it to a file readable by your player before burning. What exactly is a desay dvd player? I assume you have dvd burner?

Well put Spinningwheel :thumbup: , a more appropriate response than the snotty reply I was considering.

@Hobbes, I googled your player and it doesn't play divx, but will play wma's, so that's another option for you when reading spinningwheels link. Neither of your posts indicate the size of your avi file, which should dictate which video format you go with. You also don't say whether you have a DVD burner or not, you just mention CDR's, if you only have a CD burner, SVCD is probably your best option.

I meant no insult and wasn't "unrelaxed" when writing that, I only meant that I had asked a number of questions left untouched. If my request for answers to them sounded offensive in some unintended way, I apologize.

Yes I only have a CD burner(LG 16x10x40x), if I had a DVD burner but only CDR's to burn, how would that make a difference? The file is 349mb, I was thinking of burning it to one CD to test it. But figured I could double up and put two on a disk (just enough room with 2mb's to spare) But doubling up isn't positively necessary either, Just would be nice.

Does changing it to ISO completely convert the AVI or WMA format, or does it retain its AVI/WMA factors (what ever those are), just inside of an image?

I also have siren jukebox 2.0. It says it can burn "date". Is .AVI considered data for this purpose? What about WMA? Or asked another way, is everything but imaged "data" considered data for the purposes of burning?

When that program "encodes files" to DVD, does it image them as well? Afterwords could one use your program to burn it? Also the program says nothing about CDR's you sure it will work for them?

Edited by Hobbes

As you are restricted to Cd's, IMO a SVCD would work fine for what you want to do. Here's a link to a guide, I have NOT used that program however, and won't vouch for it. Perhaps someone else who burns svcd's can post some other advice.

That program would create a file that can only be used on dvd's, not cd's. I think both spinningwheel & I were under the assumption initially that you had a dvd burner, in which case that program would have worked well. I have successfully created a couple SVCD's, but I did them on some software that came with my videocard, not freeware, which is why I'm not confusing the issue by mentioning them.

You also don't say whether you have a DVD burner or not, you just mention CDR's, if you only have a CD burner, SVCD is probably your best option.

Does that mean that if I had a DVD burner, but still only CDR's to burn. That I would have more options then just having a CD burner?

No, you would still be limited by the cd media. You would have more options if you had a dvd burner & blank dvd media. I don't know your financial situation, but very good dvd burners are easily bot for $45US.

SVCD is not an image, merly a format.

Making an image of any type disk / file does not change it's format.

An ISO or image is nothing more than a snapshot of what you allready have all rapped up in one file.

You have to do this with anything you're trying to burn with ImgBurn, data / video / music, or whatever else you're trying to burn.

Once an ISO is created, ImgBurn doesn't give a rats arse whats within it.

And you guys feel that its important to image before burning as the best chances for sucess?

I also have siren jukebox 2.0. It says it can burn "date". Is everything but imaged data considered "data" for the purposes of burning?

Edited by Hobbes

And you guys feel that its important to image before burning as the best chances for sucess?

We are big supporters of ImgBurn for the quality of the burns, among many other things, and it burns ISO's, hence why we use them.

I also have siren jukebox 2.0. It says it can burn "date". Is everything but imaged data considered "data" for the purposes of burning?

I have no idea at all what they mean by "date". What most people mean by "data" when talking burning is a disc with material on it only read by another computer, not for standalone dvd players, cd players, mp3's etc. Examples would be HDD backups, Excel files, etc.

That program, "VCDEasy" only does mpeg.

Another program, VideoConverter4 I found doesn't like my specific AVI file. In the faqs I found some mention of type 1 something or another not being compatible, some mention of converting to type 2 (but not how) but I couldn't make heads or tails of it. Can't remember the name of the program.

I'd just like to know of a program that converts any AVI file to SVCD. Anyone?

Hobbes, I googled your player and it doesn't play divx, but will play wma's

I googled it too, this webpage says it does. Please link me to what you found.

Are you saying divx and AVI are the same thing?

Edited by Hobbes

I'd just like to know of a program that converts any AVI file to SVCD. Anyone?

You could try these - not sure whether you have or not.......

http://www.audioutilities.com/avi-to-vcd/h...avi-to-svcd.htm

http://www.boilsoft.com/aviconverter/

http://www.softcities.com/AVI-to-SVCD/download/11084.htm

Please note I have never used any of these so am not recommending them from personal use ! :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.