Automatic close of the program after successfull burn

Cynthia

In the Supported Command Line Switches there is the "/CLOSE" command that is used to close the program when the burn process has finished.

From what I understand this will close down the program even if there is a verify error reported or another error (?).

What I would like to see is a setting in the GUI that allows you to have the program closed automatically for you if there are no errors reported.

:)

i have a situation that this will help...

when i left my computer at night when the burn complete and i have one "avi to dvd" like program working and is programed to shutdown it don't shut down because imgburn is open, when i back morning i have pc turned on...

ps: sorry by my poor english

I'm lazy... :P

When I want to burn an image file - I just double click on the file and let the program start. So more or less - if the burning went ok - that I don't have to close the program manually. The disc is just ejected and you're done.

As the SCL switch don't report back on write/verify errors - I don't like to do it that way.

Peter,

There's no reason I can think of that your computer wouldn't shut down if ImgBurn is done burning and something else tries to shut it down.

Cynthia,

Ah yes, sorry, I thought /CLOSE only closed the program if it was successful. However, success/failure of the burn is only checked by the 'shutdown computer when done' bit of code.

I personally think this feature would be useful to very few people... I can't think of many/any other tools that work in such a way! As such, I'm hesitant to add it to the GUI. I could offer an extended /CLOSE switch (i.e. /CLOSESUCCESS) that only closes if it was successful.

Of course modifying your shortcut to pass that flag would then mean you couldn't turn it off within the GUI and that'll probably end up annoying you/people too - Doh!

So basically, I think you're gonna have to live with clicking the little red X ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the latest version - looks very nice. :)

Trying to apply this new command so when you double click on an .iso file (that today launches ImgBurn) to include this new option:

/CLOSESUCCESS

Used to close the program when the burn process has finished AND was successful.

Basically, it just presses the 'Close' button for you!

Tried to change the value

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.iso\Shell\Burn using ImgBurn\Command

with the string

"C:\Program\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE ISOWRITE /SOURCE "%1"

to

"C:\Program\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE ISOWRITE /SOURCE "%1" /CLOSESUCCESS

The problem is that it changes back to the old string value. Is this Windows or ImgBurn that restores it?

Or I'm I just doing it wrong?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.