A MDS and a MDF file, can I burn this?

Alessandro

I have this big file that extracted into an MDF file containing all the 4,35 GB. And into an MDS file of only 4,21 kb.

IMGburn can only read the small MDS file, not the MDF file. It just doesn't see, the MDF file. But I guess when I burn this MDS file on a DVD, there will not be a lot on the DVD. At least not the 4,35 GB that I wanted to put on the DVD.

So what do I do? Normally it would extract into a ISO or IMG file containing those 4,35 GB and those formats I can burn, so there are no problems. But in this case I just don't know what to do.

Can I burn this file, or not?

How come a rar file containing the same type of thing would extract to ISO this time, into IMG another time and now into these formats?

You really need to tell a bit more, what did you extract this file with?

You'll find the MDS is just an instruction file pointing to the MDF, as to why you're extracting in different formats? you really need to tell us more.

Well, it's a movie. It came split up in rar files and I extracted it with WinRar, as usual. Then you need to do the same thing again to extract it into a format that you can burn. I always burn it with IMGBurn. And most of the time that is an ISO file, sometimes IMG.

I already thought the MDS file was not more than that. But the conclusion would be then that I cannot put this movie on a DVD because IMGBurn cannot burn this format? Do you have any idea if there is a burner that can burn the MDF file?

ImgBurn doesn't attempt to burn the MDS to a disc, it looks in the MDS file to see the name of the image file it's associated with and extract other little bits of info from it.

So just load the MDS and if it supports the image format, it'll load up and you can go ahead and press the 'Write' button to burn it.

LuK I noticed that both DVD Decrypter AND IMGburn automatically re-select the MDS file even if you choose the MDF file. But am I correct in that only IMGburn will burn any images that have more than one track? I shoved an MDS file into DVD Decrypter and it said:

multitrackerror.jpg

Whereas, the same MDS file loaded up the MDF file that went along with it, in IMGburn and I was able to burn it. I don;t know why the disk would have more than one track, it was something real basic. Someone maybe added a file to the disk, and it added a track with the file. What program would do that...? PowerISO? I don't think PowerISO would do dat- Cos it re-creates the entire ISO/DAA image.

Hey, Psst: Is there any code thing I can do to make DVD Decrypter burn disk images that have more than one track, like hidden tracks? Or, never mind. (I just like Decrypter, but I'll have to grow up someday and start using IMGBurn more exclusively)

To Allesandro: Do a Google search for A-Ray Scanner. Also do a search for Alcohol 120%

The two go together, see?

LuK: You Rool!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.