TOSHIBA playback

djharvey

I am newbie to this, so aplogies if my query has been covered before. I converted a large .avi file using CONVERTXTODVD. I then transferred the VIDEO_TS folder to my laptop and burned a dvd using Imgburn. I can play the burned dvd (PAL/region2) ok on the pc, but when I try it in my set top Toshiba SD330 domestic dvd player, it says "PLAYBACK RESTRICTED". Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. I am based in the UK and the stand alone player is PAL region 2. The first disc I burned actually defaulted to NTSC which the player would not read - I think the error message was "NOT PAL". As mentioned, for the last disc I burned, I specified both PAL and Region2, which should match the player.

Can you post a log of the burn - just in case there is something there that jumps out at someone as unusual. From the menu, Help --> ImgBurn Logs will open the directory where the logs are stored. Error on the player is very specific however.

Thanks for the reply. I am based in the UK and the stand alone player is PAL region 2. The first disc I burned actually defaulted to NTSC which the player would not read - I think the error message was "NOT PAL". As mentioned, for the last disc I burned, I specified both PAL and Region2, which should match the player.

How did you manage to do this? I'm not aware of any setting that will convert from NTSC to PAL. :wacko:

What I meant was that I run CONVERTXTODVD again, this time specifying PAL. I then transferred the VIDEO_TS folder to my laptop and burned a dvd using Imgburn for Region2. I also specified LEVEL1 for ISO9660 restrictions. It plays ok on my pc's but when I try it in my set top Toshiba SD330 domestic dvd player (UK - PAL - Region2) it says "PLAYBACK RESTRICTED". Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I did another burn (no changes) and this time the dvd plays ok. I think the previous burn must have been no good - I will post log next time I get any problems. Maybe also it is advisable not to just get the cheapest blank discs. Bye the way, you can select the region in ConvertXtoDVD.

Thanks for your help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.