Any good firewall, AV, Anti-spy stuff

dirio49

I know i tried the suite for while but too resouse intensive. I think maybe the zonealarm anti-viral better.

I will see how it goes.

thanks for the suggesting. :)

BTW nice sig, especially like the firefox one ;)

mo9bu.gif

Edited by dirio49

I know i tried the suite for while but too resouse intensive. I think maybe the zonealarm anti-viral better.

I will see how it goes.

mo9bu.gif

ZoneAlarm isn't resource intensive. It just sits there like a stale bottle of piss waiting for something to happen. If you get the ZoneAlarm security suite and enable the anti-virus stuff then it's a different story. For free stuff, you can't go past ZoneAlarm for a firewall, AVG for anti-virus, Ad-Aware for spyware and Spybot Seek and Destroy for trojans/backdoors/dialers.

EDIT: And get a router if you don't have one.

I will see how it goes.

mo9bu.gif

I wasn't talking about the suite. They have a free stand-alone firewall. With very few exceptions I don't use "suites" I prefer individual programs.

For free stuff, you can't go past ZoneAlarm for a firewall, AVG for anti-virus, Ad-Aware for spyware and Spybot Seek and Destroy for trojans/backdoors/dialers.

EDIT: And get a router if you don't have one.

Have you been looking at my system configuration Shamus ? I'm running all of these - although without memory resident modules for Ad-Aware & Spybot.

• 2 weeks later...

Are the free products reliable or are they compromised versions of the retail versions. AVAST antivirus is good but is it as good as the retail products. Why would one product be free and the other a pay product. What I am gettin at is am I compromising my security by using free products

Are the free products reliable or are they compromised versions of the retail versions. AVAST antivirus is good but is it as good as the retail products. Why would one product be free and the other a pay product. What I am gettin at is am I compromising my security by using free products

I can't say you would be compromising your security but you would be getting less features. What you should do is compare what the free version of a product gives you to what the paid product gives. I know that at one time, and maybe still, you could compare the free ZoneAlarm to the paid ZoneAlarm Pro right at their web site. You might find that to be the case with other products as well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.