Very Confused !!

livinginfavor

Hello! I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

I am writing because I have been using Imgburn for a couple of weeks. I have successfully backed up about 15 DVDs. On Sunday I used DVD shrink to put a few more of my DVDs in the system. I opened Imgburn and got an I/O error message that does't make any sense ( see screen shot attached ). I have tried restarting my computer, then it let me burn 1 after that - and then after that one, the same error. I tried restarting again, and 10 ruined DVDs later, I keep getting the same, I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Amber

IO_ERROR.doc

Ok, a couple of things.

1) the media you've got is very poor, (CMC MAG) it's about the worst out there, please change these to Verbs with MCC dye, or taiyo Yudens.

2) you might want to comprees your image a bit more, you're are dangerously close to the outer edge of the disc, where most failures occur.

Ok, a couple of things.

1) the media you've got is very poor, (CMC MAG) it's about the worst out there, please change these to Verbs with MCC dye, or taiyo Yudens.

2) you might want to comprees your image a bit more, you're are dangerously close to the outer edge of the disc, where most failures occur.

How do you further compress an ISO?

Do you have to redecrypt?

like its been said CMC MAG stuff sucks and furthermore trying to write anything at 16X is a waste of time the scans fall off after 12x and so does the quality ,try burning some at 6x-8x and see how it goes .I have burned to Phillips +R (CMC) at 6x and they verified fine ,a friend of mine gave me 25 to put some stuff on them for her but personally I wouldn't bother using them for myself its Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden if not its a waste of time and effort

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.