Verbatim DVD+R DL's Shipping deal

lfcrule1972

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine arrived this morning, had been out to get lost planet for 360, when i came back could see posty van outside my door, had to fight this horrible force gale to get there in time.

Strange compared to UK verbs, their like girly lavender coloured.

First one burned ok, just gonna check quality now compared to UK ones.

It's a firmware that burns has burned all uk verbs(65 of them) id MKM with 98-99% quality it is a hacked firmware but i do not use the hacked features, in fact i forgotten what the benefit of that firmware is.

The disc above has just verified ok against the image....

will try another then try one in a diff burner, will try it in my new benq 1670 as well...

Edited by dontasciime

my 2nd burn

wtf2mn1.png

however i burned one of my /uk verbs straight after

ukverb1vd8.png

and i am not at all pleased with that one either, higher quality scan but still not quite right or like it used to be, just about to burn another using benq DW1670

Edited by dontasciime

It seemed to be getting worse for my uk verbs with 160P6S drive

86fg1.png

this was scanned in same drive as it was wrote in as were the previous 4 pics.

This is what the same disc scanned like in one of my other liteon drives

98ce2.png

would it seem to anyone else that the reading function of 160P6s has problems now.

Edited by dontasciime

i never use them, when i had to clean lens of anything i would always take it apart and use lint free cloth and isopropyl alcohol.

I have always been careful with the disc's i put in any drive i own, i always examine them for grease, fingerprints and clean them b4 inserting them into any hardware i have.

Was told years ago by engineer not to use CD cleaners (the disc kind as they are abrasive) in my at the time 450 quid multi changer Cd player and single player, maybe the CD cleaners now are more appropriate to use.

it also is verifying all images written and can read any disc iso i have at great speed. strange

busy wrting another of the verbs from US in liteon 1635s now

written/scanned on 1635s

16351hf5.png

16352bu4.png

then scanned on what seems to be a knackered or in need of cleaning 160p6s

160p6scz9.png

These are the verbs from US, so they appear to be ok, though tbh the first pack of 20 i opened have scratches on them and seem to be not as well made as the /uk verbs i have, have not opened the other 2 packs of 20 yet

ANOTHER EDIT

Not sure what to think of this 1st packet of verbs now just wrote one in my brand new benq dw1670 then scanned it in liteon 1635s and it's terrible, cannot be all my writers/readers, unless of course my new benq hates, or rather the firmware is not very good for dual layer burning /2nd layer it falls apart 1st layer is stunning 99.10 % saying as the liteon 1635s was scanning fine before

1670bb0.png

16702hc9.png

Edited by dontasciime

An update the first pack of 20 us verbs are quite scratched seems to be due to damage of cake box tbh reminds me of my orders from ukdvdr.

Then benq dc dw 1670 is not very good at burning to these.

My liteon 160P6S which was when i got it a DRW-6S160P that i flashed to be a 160P6S BUT really it's a SONY DW-Q120A --- LOL (wish they would stop doing this)

anyway the drive writes to verbs fine just now cannot scan them as good as it should.

I have now started to not take the chance and burn using my liteon 1635s which used to be a philips spd 2400 :) and scanned them with same drive and it's a lot better

Scan below, disc wrote @4.1x and scanned with same writer a liteon 1635s firmware YSOZ

41xusverb1sa7.png

41xusverbln9.png

So these discs are fine apart from the 8-14 that are scratched

Edited by dontasciime

I will if I open the other 40 and they are the same, the packaging on the other 40 look ok, however the other 20 pack , the locks on cake box were smashed etc.

Scan was ok maybe take of 8% as that liteon drive does not do jitter so Quality score of 91% is good enough for me.

edit also seems to burn better on liteon 1635 if burnt at 4x ...the 2.4 burns are still into 97 98 % though

Edited by dontasciime

yeah they verify ok.

don't usually bother decided to do it for these few, never had a dvd not verify. apart from about 15 of 400-500 discs i bought about 3-4 years ago that have infosmart mid code, needless to say i still have about 400-485 of these left and are good for absolutely FA

Edited by dontasciime

the infosmart ones are that bad you cannot even do that, they just stutter and lock up, when i bought em they were supposed to have a diff mid code, the first 100 i got were the other 500 were infosmart and by the time i realised, could not remember, find receipt of where wtf i ordered them from.

All i am keeping them for is, if ever the bailiffs come to my door so that i can drop them on their heads.

Edited by dontasciime

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.