Verbatim DVD+R DL's Shipping deal

lfcrule1972

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was an exceptionally good buy, bought 6/20 cakeboxes of them. They also had 50 cakebox of the Verbs Sl on sale for 18$, bought 4 of those as well. Never know when a deal like that might come around again. :thumbup:

Good thing FutureShop gives rain checks! I got one for the DL's, also have a rain check for 100 16X Verbs for $19.99 each, only problem is my local store only has the Prodisc made Verbs in stock, so I may not use it. :/

Good thing FutureShop gives rain checks! I got one for the DL's, also have a rain check for 100 16X Verbs for $19.99 each, only problem is my local store only has the Prodisc made Verbs in stock, so I may not use it.

--------------------

BenQ 1650, Pioneer 111L, Plextor 716A, BenQ 1655, LG GSA-H22N

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grain's Simple DVDInfoPro Ratings Guide

98% + Excellent

95-97.9% Very Good

90-94.9% Good

85-89.9% Acceptable

Less than 85% unacceptable

listed in his sig

i give up with the first pack of 20 us ones, as straight after burned a us one with 1650 with bcic firmware and down to 78% quality , will just burn them with my liteon 1635s and be done with it not even going to bother scanning them anymore, may have better luck with the remaining unopened us verbs, whatever. got plenty of UK verbs now anyways, the us ones i have well first pack look substandard compared to UK ones, build quality wise like the glue in middle ring is smeared etc, UK ones are crystal clear and look better quality.

Out of my control they are what they are, like i said remaining 40 maybe better.

The scan has finished now and quality rating went down further to 73% burnt on 1650 BCIC and scanned on same drive.

LOL, it will still work so i can live with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Mmm, been burning a few more of my US discs lately and all have been reaching 96% plus on the Pioneer DVR-111 donta. I will order some more from the US when I need em cos at the price I am happy to use the DL's a bit more regularly. :)

I have to admit tho the one failure I have had with DL's was on the BenQ DW1655 with latest fw, I just burnt all the others on the Pioneer so I don't really know whether it was a 1 off or an issue with the BenQ's....

OK you guys lost me somewhere about two pages back :o

Someone said Verbs were made in China? No?

Now your talking about US verbs and UK verbs? Whats the difference if they are all from China or was I misinformed?

• 1 month later...

Price seems to have gone back up again. They were down to $1.60-$1.75 there for a while. Now they're up to $2.

I bought a 20pk a week or so ago and the cost was $38 and change (free shipping US only though). From meritline.com.

As for difference in qualities, I suppose being flown over the Atlantic in an unheated cargo hold could cause problems with the discs. I'm sure Lightning's better informed on the subject...

The scan dontasciime got was about the average got when I had my Bink 1650 up and running. In my new rig I've got a Plex 760A (I know, shoulda bought the SATA one but I had an incidence of cerebral flatulence when placing the order) and an Optiarc AD7170 (Sony-NEC partnership, but the website sucks, not product info; the burner works quite well and reads/write DVD-RAM for $35).

FutureShop.ca has them on for $24.99C again :)
Edited by Pain_Man

No, I haven't seen them.

Are any types of media made in the US? I think Taiwan & Japan are the optical media manufacturing capitals.

Has anyone seen the made in india ones yet, as rumored to be in shops last month?

Are disks on the continent(incl UK) even labeled by country of manufacture?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.