How to convert DVD files to files for Windows Movie Maker

stulux

No.

A dvd to avi program is what you need.

Thansk, I'm completely new to this. I've burned some DVD's from home movies using an analogue camera and a standalone DVD recorder and I now want to edit the files on my PC. I can't afford any "decent" software and hope to use Movie Maker as it is free and simple. Do you know of any free/cheap DVD to AVI programs?

google a program called fairuse.com

i never really used movie maker much, not sure if it accept vobs, if so you need to extract your .ISO file with say winrar so that you end up with audio_ts and video_ts folders and see if movie maker can import vobs

Movie Maker only seems to support video files in the following formats: .avi, .mpg, .miv, .mp2, .mp2v, .mpeg, .mpe, .mpv2, .wm, .wmv and .asf

I can get my files in .vob, .iso or .bin formats so I presume I need a program to convert one of these to one of the formats supported by Movie Maker - any suggestions for a program that can do this, I've tried googling all sorts of combinations and this is how I got the .iso and .bin files but nothing I can find will convert to .avi etc.

Many thanks for your help on this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.