Blue Screen @ Sata burner

layer

• 2 weeks later...
Oh right, I thought nvidia had their own sata controller, I didn't realise they were using Uli chips, sorry.

You can try the 6.2.2.1 driver from http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/408 but that's all I can suggest.

I've been using an SATA drive all day on an nForce 4 AMD board without any issues so it's not a general SATA thing.

I've never had an issue with any SATA drive but but NEC-3550A is always the source of BSOD's which seems to occur every few days in the middle of making a DVD (using ImgBurn or Nero), never on CDs (usually Nero) and usually during verification, especially when late in the process if the drive is spinning over 10X while verifying (in Nero or ImgBurn). Using the limited speed option of ImgBurn has cut way down on BSODs but they STILL occur but ONLY with DVD disks. My SATA HD's run and 40-120 MB/sec. depending on the fragmentation (obviously from my performance speeds I do defrag fairly often), and whether the other HD is on the other SATA sets, I have two (4 SATA-I and 4 SATA-II) on the MB (only 2 SATA-II HDs in use) plus a Promise Tech. RAID-5 card, or if the other HD an older PATA drive, etc. I also use a 1.87 GHz Athlon 64 so I doubt it's the CPU being too slow either.

If you get a BSOD you should be able to examine the memory dump in WinDbg and find which driver is causing the issue.

Yeah, I just reactivated all that. I'm sure now that it's set up it will take a week to crash again, which is a mixed blessing, I guess. Then again, it may crash tomorrow. Also, I do not do 4X burns anymore so I'm having problems locating an OLD .IBG.

I do know that usually when Windows 2003 starts again I often get messages about PowerDVD having crashed but I'm not sure it that old stuff from weeks ago I never sent or what. I've turned those but turn on the dumps. I know that having ImgBurn eject a DVD when it finishes helps because sometimes a DVD would finish and the it would be read by the system and PowerDVD would then try and play it via Windows F'g annoying autoplay. S#!+ I F'g hate that Damn annoying "feature" every time I stick a disk in it statrs pestering me!!! I check the always box and select DO NOTHING EVRY TIME but the retarded function NEVER remembers. Anyhow, that usually leads to a BSOD. I have NOTHING cause BSODs on 2003 but F'g DVDs.

• 3 weeks later...
If you get a BSOD you should be able to examine the memory dump in WinDbg and find which driver is causing the issue.

It crashed but there's NO DUMP! It hits the system so hard that it fails to dump ANYTHING.

No memory dumps! NOTHING but a BSOD !!! It justs says something useless like "The

previous systen shutdown was unexpected." I have some old error claiming "an error

was detected on \Devide\CdRom0 during a pagging operation" and it says it about 100

times over a 1-2 second period back on the 5th of February.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.