ERROR! ??

roden

Hi all, check this error message out.

http://www.rickfordrise.co.uk/images/j/error.jpg

I have burned 10x xbox 360 games perfect, i have a LG-4163B 106 FW drive, and i was using Ridisc DL +R discs.

I ran out, and purchased some infiniti 8x dl discs, now, whenever i go to write a disc, as soon as i press the write button i get

http://www.rickfordrise.co.uk/images/j/error.jpg

If i then press cancel, it starts writing the leadout track and coasters the disc, i have now lost 6 discs, what in the hell is going on????

Anybody.?????

try lowering the speed on them, don't think your gonna have much luck with those disc's with your particular drive, maybe its a completely duff batch of disc's, rather than just duff ones, if you were happy with the ridisc maybe get some more(little or no quality control on them or anything but verbs at the minute), or invest a little more money and be pretty much guaranteed a 100% burn with verbatim dl+

Edited by dontasciime

try lowering the speed on them, don't think your gonna have much luck with those disc's with your particular drive, maybe its a completely duff batch of disc's, rather than just duff ones, if you were happy with the ridisc maybe get some more(little or no quality control on them or anything but verbs at the minute), or invest a little more money and be pretty much guaranteed a 100% burn with verbatim dl+

Well like i say, i burned 10x discs with ridisc and all were perfect, no coasters at all, these infiniti are supposed to be better.

Heres the Log.

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B A106 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD+R DL

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Free Sectors: 4,173,824

Free Space: 8,547,991,552 bytes

Free Time: 927:32:74 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x

DVD?R DL Boundary Information:

L0 Data Zone Capacity: 2,086,912

Changeable: No

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67

Book Type: DVD+R DL

Part Version: 1

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 2

Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)

Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,580,607

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,283,519

I 23:19:23 ImgBurn Version 2.1.0.0 started!

I 23:19:23 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 23:19:24 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:19:24 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:19:24 Found 1 DVD?RW/RAM!

I 23:22:04 Operation Started!

I 23:22:04 Source File: G:\10 - CHRONO TFLUX\DONE\IMAGE.dvd

I 23:22:04 Source File Sectors: 3,697,696 (MODE1/2048)

I 23:22:04 Source File Size: 7,572,881,408 bytes

I 23:22:04 Source File Volume Identifier: XBOX360

I 23:22:04 Source File Implementation Identifier: Daikin U.S. Comtec Lab

I 23:22:04 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I 23:22:04 Destination Device: [2:3:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B A106 (Z:) (ATA)

I 23:22:04 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67) (Speeds: 2.4x)

I 23:22:04 Destination Media Sectors: 4,173,824

I 23:22:04 Write Mode: DVD

I 23:22:04 Write Type: DAO

I 23:22:04 Write Speed: 1x

I 23:22:04 Link Size: Auto

I 23:22:04 Test Mode: No

I 23:22:04 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 23:22:04 User Specified L0 Data Zone Capacity: 1,913,760

THEN ERROR POPS UP

Edited by roden

An I/O error generally indicates a firmware or disc problem. Using Ritek discs is not recommended here since the quality of their products has greatly decreased in the last....about 7-9 months. The only +R DL disc we recommend here is Verbatim. Since you did get some good burns, count yourself lucky and now move on to the recommended Verbs. :thumbup:

An I/O error generally indicates a firmware or disc problem. Using Ritek discs is not recommended here since the quality of their products has greatly decreased in the last....about 7-9 months. The only +R DL disc we recommend here is Verbatim. Since you did get some good burns, count yourself lucky and now move on to the recommended Verbs. :thumbup:

So are you saying then, that these discs are so bad they will not even burn?, looks like ill be asking for a refund then.....

Well i have contacted them about the discs, and ordered a Pioneer 111D, as well, not that i have ever had any trouble with my LG until now, i also cant stand pioneers, see how long this one lasts before the lazer burns out. This will be number 5.

1X writing

use 2.4x if writer says only 1x then it looks like they are incompatible with your writer, check manufacturers website or rpc1.org for the latest firmware for your writer.(did not look b4 typing) so you may already have latest firmware.

may be off the mark here, as there maybe 1x dl+ not seen any, 1x dl+ seems out of spec to me though.

Edit ... BTW when i suggested lowering burn speed i assumed you were trying to write them at 8X, I meant try writing them at 2.4

Edited by dontasciime

Just to add my comments to this - if you look at the Media Section of this forum ( http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showforum=15 ) you will see that the results with DL media other than Verbs is very hit and miss. If you are looking to burn to DL's we only recommend the Verbs otherwise you can expect these kind of problems. I would say you did very well getting the succesful burns with the Ritek DL's.... :o

@avada

It's generally better to start a new thread unless you're encountering EXACTLY the same problem - avoids confusion.

But anyway, could you post the log (Help --> ImgBurn Logs...) from that failed burn - it contains heaps of information that can help the guru's here narrow down your problem.

avada,

Please don't hijack other peoples threads. Your question is more likely to be answered if you start your own one.

You're attempting to overburn and the drive isn't having it. You should have had a warning message to that affect when you started off the burn.

So basically, your image (or rather the files you're attempting to burn) is too big for the disc.

Well i must have been lucky lol, i used Ridisc Extreme 2.4x and burned 10 of them, all work perfect.

My burner LG-4163B has latest 106 fw installed.

Also this is the strange bit, this error pops up immediatley, before its even burnt a thing, it just will not touch them, then if i press cancel it write the leadout ttrack???

Anyway, my pioneer 111d will be here tomorrow, so ill try that, if thats no good these are going back anyway.

Indeed, the bit it's erroring out on is where it sets the layerbreak. This is done before and burning starts.

The drives aren't stupid, if there's nothing to close then they won't close anything. The trouble is, when you set the LB position, some drives (perhaps all?) will actually write something to the disc. So even if it failed and ImgBurn didn't then try to finish the burn off nicely, the disc would still be useless.

avada,

Please don't hijack other peoples threads. Your question is more likely to be answered if you start your own one.

You're attempting to overburn and the drive isn't having it. You should have had a warning message to that affect when you started off the burn.

So basically, your image (or rather the files you're attempting to burn) is too big for the disc.

Thanks for the reply. Next time I will start an own.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.