weird image corruption error

djesteban

Hi everyone,

So yeah a folder with DVD files in it, vob sup ifo etc.. When I play that folder using VLC, it plays fine, menus works perfect, movie and extras also. So I tried to build a DVD9 using the build option in imgburn. So I followed the guide, in the guide section of the forum, everything "seemed" to have worked perfectly. So I went to check if the image was ok, I mounted the MDS file imgburn created and the movie opened in VLC. Now when I clicked the play movie on the DVD menu, the Bandai logo looked completely corrupted with crazy squares all over the place. Then I went back to the root menu and clicked on one of the extras, same thing, the video is filled with corrupted squares.

So just to be sure I checked the source (the folder in which the original files are) and those two part (and the rest) are okay and are not affected by this weird corruption. So the problem as been created by the build option of ImgBurn in some way. I tried to rebuild it 2 times with the same result. I have checked my RAM using MemTest86, checked hard drive for bad clusters, etc etc... It doesn't seem to be my hardware...

anyone know why it would do such a thing?

Thank you in advance

Esteban

Hi everyone,

So yeah a folder with DVD files in it, vob sup ifo etc.. When I play that folder using VLC, it plays fine, menus works perfect, movie and extras also. So I tried to build a DVD9 using the build option in imgburn. So I followed the guide, in the guide section of the forum, everything "seemed" to have worked perfectly. So I went to check if the image was ok, I mounted the MDS file imgburn created and the movie opened in VLC. Now when I clicked the play movie on the DVD menu, the Bandai logo looked completely corrupted with crazy squares all over the place. Then I went back to the root menu and clicked on one of the extras, same thing, the video is filled with corrupted squares.

So just to be sure I checked the source (the folder in which the original files are) and those two part (and the rest) are okay and are not affected by this weird corruption. So the problem as been created by the build option of ImgBurn in some way. I tried to rebuild it 2 times with the same result. I have checked my RAM using MemTest86, checked hard drive for bad clusters, etc etc... It doesn't seem to be my hardware...

anyone know why it would do such a thing?

Thank you in advance

Esteban

no idea what VLC is (I assume its some sort of player ) or why your image is corrupted so do this download Daemon tools its a virtual drive mount the ISO in it and then view it ,use PowerDVD or Media Player Classic you can DL it and its free .Windows Media Player is poor at playing DVDs

post a log of the build. IB stores them, Help-->Imgburn Logs

BTW this is the first post of anyone saying that IMGburn corrupts the ISO so pardon me if I'm a bit skeptical

no idea what VLC is (I assume its some sort of player )

VLC is "Videolan Client" from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ and is extremely well thought of. It's generally reckoned to be just as good as (if not better than) MPC. Internally it uses many of the well-repected components used by other projects (e.g. ffmpeg). Having said that, I have no personal experience of comparative play of the same DVD using both.

download Daemon tools its a virtual drive mount the ISO in it and then view it ... (also) post a log of the (ImgBurn) build.

Good plan.

Thanks polo - so what's 303 ? something similar ?

Sorry - I was being way too nerdy ... I thought we were doing HTTP status codes ... "303 - The response to the request can be found under a different URI ... redirects the user agent to a selected resource".

I'll just shut up and make myself useful sorting out which CD pens have dried up and which ones still work ... you should all just ignore me. >_<

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.