DL Disc Question

latin_l3oi

Hello,

BACKGROUND INFO:

A few months ago, I started using DL DVDs but I couldn't manage to burn the DVD-Video files on disc using Nero and other programs.

I was recommended to use imgburn, but I still had problems burning the DVD because the DVD would work on some DVD Players but not on others.

I was told to change its "booktype" to "DVD-ROM" instead of "normal".

PROBLEM:

Since then, I hadn't had a problem till now. I've recently realised that when I burned them as "DVD-ROM" it would work on every DVD Player I have at home EXCEPT on the PC's DVD Player.

Any suggestions or recommendations; greatly appreciated.

latin_l3oi

what do you use for the PC player software ,I reccommend PowerDVD or Media Player Classic you can download it for free ,if you're using WindowsMP its not the greatest player

BTW what blank media are you using again Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden are the only single layer ones we reccommend and for dual layers its Verbatim ONLY :thumbup:

Yes, I use PowerDVD and sometimes I use Nero Showtime, but I don't think it's a software issue because when I insert the Burnt DL DVD, it seems like it tries to read it but it can't. And when I open "My Computer" and double click on the drive, it says: that it cannot read the disk and that it might be corrupt. But I know it isn't corrupt because it works really well on all the other DVD players at home.

I use TDK DL DVDs.

MORE DETAILED INFO:

I have 2 DVD burners on the computer. 1 is the DL burner the other is a normal DVD burner. (btw the DVD burner can read DVDs, not just write)

I burn the DL DVD using my DL DVD Burner, and when I try to play it, I use the normal DVD burner Drive.

Therefore I'm wondering if DL DVDs can be played on standard DVD-ROM drives?

Or is my DVD Drive faulty?

Appreciate the quick replies ;)

latin_l3oi

Computer drives are more picky than stand alone players, your drive simply can't read the disc you burnt, try updating the firmware for that drive, that might do the trick fot you.

Oh, and do yourself a favour, switch to verb +R DL media, it will save you a lot of headaches in the future.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.