locked up after formatting

Guest kc 1

The review for that drive did not show very good results and the drive itself is a rebadged Optorite,one of the cheaper drives available

# Poor DVD+/-R/RW writing quality with most disc types

# Does not even qualify as a ?1 sheep? writer in the sheep test.

# Does not support Mt. Rainier.

# Does not support writing/reading 99 minutes CD-R discs.

# Does not support bitsetting for any media types.

# Slow at writing DVD-R at 8x.

# Few CD-R discs that works with the HD-BURN technology, HD-BURN created discs works in almost no drives.

# Poor CD-RW writing quality

# Slows down writing speed on many DVD+/-R discs when writing

Hello Numbers ,got to agree 100% OPTORITE DRIVES ARE SHIT been there done that with 3 of them all failed for different reasons got tired of playing the RMA game bought an NEC 3500 and never looked back. Buying an Optorite was a moment of madness for me ,friend had one and it seemed to burn great for him I bought one it never ran right and then my friends died right after that :lol:

I have about 40 drives in total now, testing the program on a daily basis.

Dude, where do you get the time! Do you have a day job? Other than spinning plastic all day?! ;)

lol sorry, I didn't mean I test ALL 40 drives every day.... that would just be silly!

The ones that get tested all the time are the ones physically in my pc.

At the moment they are:

Plextor 716

Pioneer 110

NEC 4551

BenQ 1655

LG 4166

NEC 4550

BenQ 1640

LiteOn 1635

The others sit in a cupboard and get swapped in and out of a some external ubs enclosures when the need arises.

lol if ImgBurn is such an evil app, maybe I should pass the code to some virus writers so they can wreak havoc and destroy everyones dvd drives.

Oh wait... what's that.... destroy hardware via a simple software application, that would be silly!

lol if ImgBurn is such an evil app, maybe I should pass the code to some virus writers so they can wreak havoc and destroy everyones dvd drives.

Oh wait... what's that.... destroy hardware via a simple software application, that would be silly!

LUK, my car wouldn't start today. Since I had my laptop in the car at the time, and ImgBurn was installed on the laptop I KNOW that ImgBurn caused the problem with my car. :D:D

LoL guys.............. but it's true eh!. LUK, Your program is tops man........ don't let anyone tell you different. :thumbup: This forum is also top notch both for help and knowledge! :D

& MJ, car got a short man, I know a good electrical contractor............. :lol:

Edited by kevdriver

Actually, this was quite common in the early to mid '80's although for a different purpose, one example was that the Commodore 64 disk drives would get slammed by various copy protection schemes with illegit copies, knocking them out of alignment, sometimes permanently. I should know, I was constantly repairing the darn things for people. :wacko:

Edited by ROBAK

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.