Completely freezes pc and locks up ?

Jill

Now I'll try to keep this short and clear, sometimes ok a lot of times recently when trying to burn an ISO my pc (laptop) freezes and does absolutely zip, it stops in write mode as well as verify mode so it's not choosey the time/counter keeps going just the write/verify mode goes down to 0 and nothing else happens, so all I get is lots of coasters, now I know your going to say post a log and I would if I could but when it freezes the only way I can do anything is to shut down ImgBurn so it never keeps the log and I can't save one so whats the problem ? I can tell you the burner is a Benq 1655 that is an external DVD burner run in an enclosure with a firewire connection

Edited by Jill

Just unplug the burner, Windows will probably spring back to life.

When something in the I/O chain gets stuck, it often freezes the entire machine. That's not ImgBurn's doing, it's just what happens.

As for the cause... well that's just external drives for you! They're very temperamental compared to internal IDE ones.

Badly written drivers (filter drivers and normal ones) can easily cause these problems - there's nothing I could change in ImgBurn to magically make this problem go away.

Just unplug the burner, Windows will probably spring back to life.

When something in the I/O chain gets stuck, it often freezes the entire machine. That's not ImgBurn's doing, it's just what happens.

As for the cause... well that's just external drives for you! They're very temperamental compared to internal IDE ones.

Badly written drivers (filter drivers and normal ones) can easily cause these problems - there's nothing I could change in ImgBurn to magically make this problem go away.

I do turn the power off to the burner and windows does comeback (sadly) and I know it's not ImgBurn that does it I was hoping there was something I could do on this PC to stop it happening

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.