Sony BD Burner BWU-100A Issues

grandmaster

Very weird problem.

Just installed my new Blu-ray burner and want to burn an ISO using ImgBurn. As soon as I insert a blank BD-RE, ImgBurn complains about I/O errors. I tried two BD-REs with the same problem.

So I installed Nero 7 and that burned the ISO file without any complaints. However, it did not work. So I then used Nero's direct copy feature to copy an existing (working) BD-R onto BD-RE. Again, no error, but the disc still didn't work.

Has any one else had issues burning onto Blu-ray media with this burner? Are there any known "gotchas" when using this hardware? I guess the next thing for me to try is to update the firmware and see if that makes any difference.

v2.1.0.0 doesn't support bluray.

I've fixed the issues (well, all the ones I found!) ready for the next version.

You can however just ignore the 'Read Capacity' errors that pop up when the app tries to initialise a disc.

The BD-RE will also need to be formatted before ImgBurn can write to it - and ImgBurn can't do that either. But, after all that, it might actually be able to burn it!

grandmaster,

As polopony said, you and I are probably the only two people on here with Blu-ray drives!

We're now very very very close to a new ImgBurn release but I'd quite like to get the Blu-ray fixes / additions tested by a 2nd person if you're up for it? I've been testing it with an LG GBW-H10A (N) so it's great that you have a different make/model.

If you are interested in trying the latest beta version, just drop me a PM and I'll e-mail it to an address of your choosing.

It can read it (used in verify mode when pointing out which file an errored sector belongs to) but build mode won't write it.

Still, I believe we're just talking about burning an image here so UDF 2.5 doesn't come into it.

It's not like 1.02 on blu-ray media doesn't work though. If an implementation can read 2.5, it must also be able to read all the version before it. From what I've seen, UDF 2.5 just allows for a bit more redundancy so there's less chance of a disc's filesystem becoming unreadable due to having a scratch in the wrong place.

When there's more of a need for being able to write 2.5, I'm sure I'll do it.

• 11 months later...
It can read it (used in verify mode when pointing out which file an errored sector belongs to) but build mode won't write it.

Still, I believe we're just talking about burning an image here so UDF 2.5 doesn't come into it.

It's not like 1.02 on blu-ray media doesn't work though. If an implementation can read 2.5, it must also be able to read all the version before it. From what I've seen, UDF 2.5 just allows for a bit more redundancy so there's less chance of a disc's filesystem becoming unreadable due to having a scratch in the wrong place.

When there's more of a need for being able to write 2.5, I'm sure I'll do it.

Using AnyDvd I ripped a blue ray disk to the hard drive.

Power DVD plays the original disk and the ripped data fine.

When I create an image using imgburn (with no errors) power DVD attempts to play it but the audio and video is choppy.

Any thoughts?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.