Directory truncation in Build Mode

MarkC

Carefully reads the guide first.... :innocent:

Is there any way to tell where a file/directory will be truncated when you add it in Build Mode?

Drop C:\Data\Movies\Store\Barney in the BM Tab and \Barney goes on the disk, add C:\Data\Movies\Angelina on and you get (I think)

\Store\Barney and \Angelina. (Yeah I'm backing up my 3yr old daughters movies)

I know I can get the full directory names with Preserve Full Pathnames, but is there any way to tell IB where to split the names?

e.g. in the above case I'd prefer \Barney and \Angleina.

Is that possible?

Aside: I'll admit that is one feature I miss from using CdBurnerXp, it had a more explorer like interface in the Build area. If you've never used it, CB lets you do things like create a Directory in Build mode (i.e. on the iso image, not on the hard disk) So you can create '\Movies" on the image, then drop Barney and Angelina into \Movies and get \Movies\Barney and \Movies\Angelina on the DVD.

I can achieve the same things using Ntfs Hardlinks or reorganising my HD in Explorer before dropping things into IB, though I'd be curious to know what others think of this?

What I should do of course is just buy a bigger disk, because Data\Movies\Store is a Junction and is actually my second drive (both only 20Gs) I did get a 160G recently, which of course worked perfectly when I got it and then died shortly afterwards because of a faulty power connector in my PC, so no warranty cover..... :( - I have three good power connectors and one intermittent one...

Mark

If you drop a folder, that folder will exist in the root of the new image/disc - UNLESS it's the only one you drop and you tell ImgBurn that the folder should be the root - i.e. only that folders content is visible on the disc, not the folder itself.

So you can drop

C:\Data\Movies\Store\Barney

and

C:\Data\Movies\Angelina

and you'll end up with

\Barney

and

\Angelina

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.