no "write" button or icon

max10

press the 'print screen' button and paste it into some sort of paint package... or even 'Word'.

Then upload it via the 'Add Reply' screen (and not the 'Fast Reply' one).

OK i pressed the "print screen" key on my keyboard and nothing happened. so i will tell you what's on the imgburn page. on the bottom it says "device not ready(medium not present)all the info is on the left side but nothing on the right side screenbox. the verify box is checked and you can see a shadow of the "write to disc" symbol. no green is in the symbol just grey colored emblem. does that help? i checked the forums and did not see anything like this.

do you actually have a dvd burner ?

yes i have a cd/dvd burner. i'm sending the screen print as soon as i can

also the problem with sending a screenprint is that i can't copy the imgburn page. no matter where u click,nothing comes up to copy and pressing alt/print screen does not work.

also the problem with sending a screenprint is that i can't copy the imgburn page. no matter where u click,nothing comes up to copy and pressing alt/print screen does not work.

the imgburn page is seperate from the browser page

Before getting too excited, load ImgBurn then copy and paste the log from the bottom window. It will look something like this:

I 17:37:10 ImgBurn Version 2.1.0.17 Beta started!

I 17:37:10 Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (5.0, Build 2195 : Service Pack 4)

I 17:37:10 Total Physical Memory: 523,056 KB - Available: 181,696 KB

I 17:37:10 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:37:10 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:37:10 Found 1 DVD-ROM!

on the bottom it says "device not ready(medium not present)all the info is on the left side but nothing on the right side screenbox. the verify box is checked and you can see a shadow of the "write to disc" symbol. no green is in the symbol just grey colored emblem. does that help? i checked the forums and did not see anything like this.

Do you have a blank DVD in the drive ? Medium not present ? :unsure: Also I am thinking CD-RW/DVD-ROM like Shamus ?

Nothing is supposed to happen when you press 'print screen', it just puts an image into the clipboard. That's why I said you needed to 'paste' it into a paint package or into Word.

But that's irrelevant now because you've changed your mind and said it's no longer a white button, but instead just greyed out (like it's supposed to be). Greyed out means disabled / not available - as it does with pretty much everything in windows.

lets try a differant way of explaining it for you

open ImgBurn

press "print Scrn" on your keyboard

go to your start button

select all programs or programs ( whatever your system says)

go to accessories and find Paint in the sub menu that appears and open it

hit the EDIT button and choose paste from the sub menu

you will then get the screen shot with ImgBurn showing

goto the FILE button and choose "Save As"

rename it to something you can remember and save it as a PNG type file to somewhere on your HDD , like My Documents ( png is a smaller file than a jpg or bmp)

then you can post a reply using the ADD REPLY button and we can see whats happening

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.