Photog on Deadline Need Help Please

RedDoor

which writer came with your dell, check jumper settings on it, as from what i have seen or rather read, they like to have them jumpered as cable select, so if your saying it came with benq1625 and that worked OK then it became faulty and you simply then bought another 1625 and you set that as master and it would not recognize disc's and now you got lg and your having trouble with that, i am wondering if you should jumper the 2nd 1625 as cable select and the lg the same, in case the way dell have your bios tied to cable select for correct functioning, i hate cutdown bios shopfitted crap, i never have this issue as i build my own and never use cable select, apart from my xboxes.

which writer came with your dell, check jumper settings on it, as from what i have seen or rather read, they like to have them jumpered as cable select, so if your saying it came with benq1625 and that worked OK then it became faulty and you simply then bought another 1625 and you set that as master and it would not recognize disc's and now you got lg and your having trouble with that,]

Not exactly the sequence. In case it has a bearing, here goes

1) Purchased PC with Sony CD burner only

2) Bought BenQ 1625, installed in open bay, end of cable, set as cable sel-all ok

3) Lightscribe function failed, returned to BenQ. Bought second BenQ 1625 to use while 1st in repair - all ok

4) One BenQ 1625 failed. No program I have could "see" a disc in it. This failed while I was using the drive to read a pressed disc.

5) Installed "backup" BenQ. No joy. The drawer mechanically malfunctioning.

6) Bought LG, installed same cable same cable sel - problems as shown in ImgBurn log.

7) Different combinations of cable, jumper, etc. produce same problems as shown in ImgBurn log.

So, now I have the LG in an external USB2 enclosure. Computer sees it as mass storage device. ImgBurn doesn't see it at all. How do I get it recognized as DVD drive?

Thx.

the lg you now have in external , put the jumper on the back of drive to Master.

Well, you're not going to believe it - but --- success!!

I really can't thank you enough for your patience.

The external enclosure with the LG drive worked perfect. I guess it must be some dodgy controllers in the Dell board.

Anyway, well done - even though I know it wasn't an ImgBurn issue.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.