Can ImgBurn be used for DVD movie readability testing?

mtosev

IMGburn will not read/rip any commercial dvd's ,it can be used to verify an ISO image that you have on your HD against the burned disc , playability is about media and standalone player compatibility,If IB burns and verifys the disc chances are it will play fine we recommend using good meedia that is Verbatim and Yuden discs for single layer and Verbatim +r DL for dual layer and only Verbatim for dual layer

IMGburn will not read/rip any commercial dvd's because they are encrypted, you'll get the following error message

I just checked 3 dvd's ,The Marine ,Flags of Our Fathers and Idlewild and its the same with all three

E 07:05:27 Failed to read Sector 214528 - Read of Scrambled Sector Without Authentication

E 06:58:59 Failed to read Sector 26240 - Read of Scrambled Sector Without Authentication

E 07:02:59 Failed to read Sector 1152 - Read of Scrambled Sector Without Authentication

I set IB to verify put a R2 DVD and it finished secuessfuly.

Here's some info:

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T10N PR03 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD-ROM

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 3,605,376

Size: 7,383,810,048 bytes

Time: 801:13:51 (MM:SS:FF)

TOC Information:

Session 1...

-> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 3605375)

-> LeadOut (LBA: 3605376)

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Book Type: DVD-ROM

Part Version: 1

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: 10.08Mbps

Number of Layers: 2

Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)

Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,055,631

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Layer Information:

Layer 0 Sectors: 1,859,024 (51.56%)

Layer 1 Sectors: 1,746,352 (48.44%)

I think you're a bit confused here ,what you posted is not a log of a verifyed disc just disc info taken from the dvd and that info is not encrypted . To verify a disc you first need to have an ISO image that has no encryption on your hard drive and then in the Verify stage IB checks the ISO against the burned disc for a 1:1 copy. You can check IB's ability to read commercial dvd's for yourself by doing the following .

Open IMGburn and put a store bought dvd in your drive and select READ mode and see how far you get

BTW it can't, won't, and never will read store bought dvd's for legal reasons

I think you're a bit confused here ,what you posted is not a log of a verifyed disc just disc info taken from the dvd and that info is not encrypted . To verify a disc you first need to have an ISO image that has no encryption on your hard drive and then in the Verify stage IB checks the ISO against the burned disc for a 1:1 copy. You can check IB's ability to read commercial dvd's for yourself by doing the following .

Open IMGburn and put a store bought dvd in your drive and select READ mode and see how far you get

BTW it can't, won't, and never will read store bought dvd's for legal reasons

newbitmapimagepu7.jpg

No problems. Interesting. :thumbup:

I installed some CSS decryption software like AnyDVD, DVD Region+CSS,...

Put the same R1 DVD that I got an error yesterday and no errors.

The disc has CSS protection (tested with DVD Region+CSS).

Is this 3rd party software have anything to do with ImgBurn reading CSS protection now?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.