How to burn gapless mp3?

lakersgo

I know mp3 is not an image file and therefore, imgburn might not support it. But I will give this forum a try before trying out other software.

My situation is that I have several mp3 which I like to burn gaplessly....how do I do that with imgburn? If it's not possible, which other software do you recommend? Please don't say cdxppro...I've tried, it didn't work.

Edited by lakersgo

I have several mp3 which I like to burn them gaplessly....how to do that? I am new to this application, and I have to admit that I have a lot to learn. Step by step instruction would be great. Thx.

You mean you want to burn an audio CD ? For playing in a domestic audio player for instance ?

If so, ImgBurn doesn't do that ... it only burns "data" discs, not audio discs.

Some domestic audio CD players can play "MP3" format CDs - these are just data CDs which only contain MP3-format files, and ImgBurn can burn these - use ImgBurn's 'build' mode to assemble the list of required MP3 files. I'm not sure whether you'd notice the gaps between successive MP3 files during playback (might depend on the player).

If you want to make a real audio CD you could try Burrrn - see http://www.burrrn.net, which is free. It will automatically convert the MP3s (and a lot of other compressed audio formats) to standard audio (.WAV) on the fly, but I don't know whether it can suppress the gaps - I use Nero to do that (V6, which was bundled with my drive).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.