WHEN TO USE SHRINK WITH +R AND WHEN TO USE +R DL

mattie711

Is there any general rules when you should use Dvd shrink with 120 min Verb +R and when to just use a Verb DL?

I notice that Imgburn tells you when the file need to be burned on DL but I also notice you can use DVD shrink to fit it on a single layer disk.

In other words, is there a certain file size that I should not risk shrinking and just burn on DL's?

Thanks.

This would be better asked over at the Digital Digest forum really..... :)

Basically it depends on what you will accept as picture quality, personally I find that on a large LCD screen you can start to see compression in excess of 70% so I would then use Verbatim DVD+R DL's to avoid the loss in quality.

Like I said tho it's really down to what you will accept tho.

I've watched 50% on 50inch screen, I didn't notice , till I hit the pause button.

If your happy with the shrunk viewing don't bother with dl.

You can also shrink the extras to still image, delete the extra languages, and have more room for the movie!!!!!

I can't honestly remember the last time I used Shrink, and because I personally hate all the extras I get rid of them. If the image is less than 4.3GB then It'll go onto a single layer, if larger then I'll use a double layer. For me It's that simple. :thumbup:

In fact I don't know why Shrink is still on both my machines...Time to go uninstall methinks. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.