HELP! Can't get the programme to burn...

TRAVELMAN

:/

Hello all,

I'm not a 'techie' so be gentle (!). I've recently put in a pioneer writer/burner for dvd/cd (dual layer). All installed fine & have successfully copied audio cd's using cdburnderxp pro 3.

I've used DVDSHRINK to save to a folder on my desktop a music video dvd. It's done this & cracked the encryption & shrunk the size down to 4.35GB. In the folder there are 2 files, AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS.

When I run Imageburn it says next to 'source' 'please select a file'. I xlick on this, change the 'look-in' drop sown menu to the folder (I've called it DVD rip) & clicked 'open' but then nothing??! Sholud there be an 'ok' button to allocate the folder to imageburn? I click 'write' on the programme & nothing happens?? I've checked all the simple things-like making sure the pioneer drive is shown & it knows that there is a dvd+r blank disk waiting but am really confused!

Please can someone with more knowledge tell me in baby language-step-by-step-what I'm doing wrong??!!

Thanks!

Chris-United kingdom.

you should have got shrink to make an iso instead.

try making an iso out of the folders you have with imgtool classic http://www.coujo.de/

imgburn needs an iso or an .img to burn

:) Hi cornholio7!

Just sussed this when your post came in! Used SHRINK to save in ISO (made up a desktop folder). Imageburn is now 71% through as we speak (!!).

Just out of interest-I still have the AUDIO & VIDEO files on my desktop-assume NERO can use these (friend is sending a copy) & if so is the quality same/better than an ISO copy??

Will post if succesfull with copy....97% now!

Thanks for your help!

Chris

PS-SUCCESS!!!!! Just copied a music DVD (must admit on a very cheap disk-will buy in bulk & invest in some RITEKS or similar)-plays/looks/sounds great! Compressed by 59% (long concert) by DVDSHRINK but looks absolutely fine-cheers all!

Congratulations on your successful burn !! :)

I have not done a direct comparison but I would have thought that an ISO copy created with Shrink, burnt with ImgBurn and one made using Nero would be similar if not identical. Its just that you will get better support and nicer people here !!! :lol:=))

Yes-thanks for all your help!!

Just burning a dual-layer DVD Depeche Mode Concert for a friend-just to see the difference. Another question-is it possible to have TWO things on a dual layer disk? Reason i ask is that after burning this concert on dual-layer there'll be approx 40 minutes left on it-could i put another dvd rip on there-was thinking of some of their singles-or is it just a technical nightmare for a newbie like me!

What freeware progs would you reccomend for the most up to date burning to hard-drive-are there any thst offer auto-updates?? I've downloaded good old DVD encryptor, DVD shrink, dvdfabdecryptor & cdburnerxp pro 3-which of these will carry the most up to date settings & offer auto/regualr update downloads?

Thanks!

Chris

Edited by TRAVELMAN

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.