Wrong destination from batch file

jayfischer

I've just run into a small problem. When I run the following command line from a batch file with a USB stick installed I get the sticks drive to come up in IB not the DVD to burn to. The DVD is 2:0:0 the stick is drive I: at 0:0:0. So IB waits for me to select the DVD before it proceeds - not a big deal but strange. Without the stick it runs without prompting.

"c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /mode isobuild /buildmode device /dest 2:0:0 /src "c:\batch\data.ibb" /erase /start /waitformedia /verify yes /close /NOIMAGEDETAILS

ib.jpg

Thanks,

Jay

Edited by jayfischer

Do you have 'Show All Devices' enabled in the settings on the 'I/O' panel ?

If not, it certainly is strange that a USB stick would identify itself as a CD/DVD writer!

That aside, no matter which drive I have selelcted when I close the program, if I specify one via the CLI, it goes to it.

What happens if you use drive letters instead?

Show All Devices is unchecked.

I originally had the drive letter in the batch file (o:) but that didn't work so that's when I changed it to 2:0:0.

The U3 software installs 2 drive letters for the stick. One of them is a CD type drive with CDFS. The other is the typical removable drive.

Hmm how very strange!

What happens if you just close the program down with the 2:0:0 device selected... does it then load back up (just using the normal shortcut, not the batch file) with that same drive selected or does it go back to the usb stick?

Oh and can you also just try using that /dest switch with the other modes (write, discovery) to see if they switch the driver properly. Obviously you don't need to burn anything, just do 'Imgburn /dest 2:0:0' or whatever and see if it goes to the right drive - and not the one that was active when you last closed the program down.

I started to do all the testing you wanted but I left off the IBB file - the proper drive came up every time.

So I found the problem. The destination in the IBB file was 0. I saved a new IBB with the proper destination and everything is good.

So I had conflicting destinations. One for the CLI and one for the IBB. The IBB took precedence.

Edited by jayfischer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.