Automatic Write Speed - Support for Source Drive as well

Loving the new version 2.2! Great work as always LUK! :thumbup:

The new Automatic Write Speed is very useful, and could be even more so IMO. I can usually burn at a faster speed when the source files are on my internal hard drive, compared to when the source files are on an external hard drive. With this in mind it would be very handy if source drive letters could also be specified, allowing a different write speed to be automatically used with the same media when different hard drives are used for the source media.

If the source files are on multiple drives, the minimum speed is used.

One other thing, the log shows the Write Speed specified under the Device tab, instead of having a line like "Automatic Write Speed engaged: MCC-004-000 BENQ DVD LS DW1655 E:" which could be useful.

Loving the new version 2.2! Great work as always LUK! :thumbup:

The new Automatic Write Speed is very useful, and could be even more so IMO. I can usually burn at a faster speed when the source files are on my internal hard drive, compared to when the source files are on an external hard drive.

With a burnproof enabled burner it doesn't matter how slow the source drive is. Wouldn't it be more practical to look at why your harddrives are running slow rather than writing code for a function that almost nobody would use?

Fair enough. You don't ask.... :)

I'm actually in the process of building a new Desktop which should solve a lot of the "slow" issues I'm having with my laptop. To keep the case nice and tidy on the inside, I'm hoping to get some SATA DVD writer's for it. I read in another thread that you mentioned that there should be no problems as long as you use the SATA connections provided by the motherboard chipset, as opposed to third party chipsets. This is OK for starters (I'm using Asus P5B Deluxe which offers 6 + 2 SATA-II ports) but later on I may want to add further SATA ports. Do you have any recommendations for good (ie. reliable and compatible) PCI or PCIe SATA-II cards ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.