SONY DVD RW DRU-830A Booktype issue

Mansoor

Hello guys,

i have attached 2 screen shots, now this of my drive SONY DVD RW DRU-830A firmware SS22 , now question is that i want to change the booktype, and as one example shows in advance settings that " That is to say, the Sony DRU-830A drive is really a Samsung drive and the program should use Samsung booktype functions to control it."

and after changing it it also shows success. my question is that in current settings when I go to samsung it says "Unknown (Drive doesn't Report it" ) here i am confused at . I am trying to butn a PS2DVD9.

I have another drive which is Benq DW1620, changed the booktype burns DVD+DL just fine and works like charm,

I just wanna confirm that the settings above will work properly or not

regards

post-6530-1174006361_thumb.jpg

post-6530-1174006370_thumb.jpg

In the 'change book type - advanced' screen, just do what it says!

Change the dropdown to 'Samsung' and then type in 'SONY DVD RW DRU-830A' (without quotes) and click OK.

The booktype will then automatically get changed every time you burn - otherwise, you have to do it manually via that other screen ('Change Book Type' and the 'Samsung' tab).

• 4 months later...
In the 'change book type - advanced' screen, just do what it says!

Change the dropdown to 'Samsung' and then type in 'SONY DVD RW DRU-830A' (without quotes) and click OK.

The booktype will then automatically get changed every time you burn - otherwise, you have to do it manually via that other screen ('Change Book Type' and the 'Samsung' tab).

I followed the instructions on the imgburn 'change book type' screen and just wanted to say that they aren't entirely the same as the instructions here. At least not for someone like me who is not sure what she is doing, and follows instructions to the letter.

When I go to Tools > Drive > Change Booktype > Advanced, the instructions say:

"2. Type in the ID string of your drive as it is visible within the main program window.

Each ID String should be on it's own line and with no leading/trailing spaces.

Example:

Drive OEM: Samsung [TSSTcorp]

Drive ID String: SONY DVD RW DRU-830A"

I select Samsung, and the two lines you have in the example are automatically included in the Drive ID Box, so I just pressed OK, thinking that indeed, BOTH lines exactly as they are in the example are what needed to be typed. After all, the instructions say that EACH ID STRING should be on it's own line, and technically, even though there is only one line in the example that includes the term 'ID string', I focussed more on the "it's own line" thinking that both lines had to be entered.

I'm not sure that worked, but more on that in a sec.

Next I tried the instructions posted in this thread. That is to say that in the the Drive ID box, I replaced what was there (those two lines from the example) with just SONY DVD RW DRU-830A and pressed OK.

(I am including these details for others who may have the same issue).

I have two questions:

1) I'm not sure where to look to see if it worked. In the ImgBurn Log I see that it found

"1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD+-RW and 1 DVD+-RW/RAM!"

But on the right hand side (with a Verbatim +R DL disc in the drive, it says:

SONY DVD RW DRU-830A SS20 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD+R DL

and further down it says

Physical Format Information (ADIP):

Disc ID: MKM-001-00

Book Type: DVD+R DL

What should I be looking at... the drive detected (DVD-ROM) or the book type of the dvd itself (DVD+R DL)?

2) And am I right in assuming that this change in booktype (assuming it worked) only applies if I burn with imgburn? In this one case, I wanted to burn with something else.

Edited by lpew

Ok, I'm a tad confused.

For you, the 'Change Book Type - Advanced' screen should look as follows:

booktype.png

That's all you need to do.

After the burn, you need to look at the bit in the info panel under the heading 'Physical Format Information (Last Recorded)'.

Booktype should read 'DVDROM'.

The 'Advanced' options only apply if you burn within ImgBurn.

If you change the drive settings in the normal screen (by hitting the 'Change' button etc), it'll work for whatever program you then use to burn the disc. Just remember that the setting is probably reset after a reboot, or possibly even when you eject the media.

ImgBurn will always send the 'change booktype' command to the drive so long as it's configured to do so via the 'Automatic Change Book Type' option in the settings (which is enabled by default).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.