BluRay Outselling HD-DVD

Aten

Its like being at the office?

I thought the whole idea behind BluRay & HD, other than to try and stop all the copying, was to have enough content to fill up these big screen TV's.

Edited by Altercuno

Oh contrare, Grasshopper. DVD did the same thing not that long ago. CDs before that. VHS before that. You can't make the assumption that the entire market share for Blu-Ray/HD-DVD is populated by knowledgeable and rich computer users with multi-terabyte HD capacity with multi-megabyte bandwidth and a degree in computer science.

Wasnt really making any assumptions. You ve opened a vein of info that i wasnt really tapping into but now that u mention it, so be it. Just be interesting

to see how this plays out. DVD's should last a lot longer than people expect.

Would be great to live in Japan with their 1gb broadband speeds. All my troubles would just wash away...

Oh contrare, Grasshopper.

LOL. Ever seen Logans Run. I think it time for processing :P

Edited by RushOrDie

• 2 weeks later...

I plan to wait 2-3 years like I did with the PlayStation 2. Mostly for a price drop and the bugs to be ironed out. And naturally I will be progressing to BRD's once I custom-build my next PC.

Could do with some of that in the office this pm - it's like a Morgue

Wonder what you would have to say if you actually worked in a morgue and it was quiet

(answers phone at morgue)

hello city morgue you kill em we chill em

you stab em we slab em how can I help you

Shamus you have missed the point mate, the film size is the same (approx 5-6gb) but now you get 20 hours of pointless extras in stunning HD quality =))

Exactly lfc, who wants all that shite anyway

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.