How to burn an ISO to DVD+R DL without MDS(layer break info)?

Valeron

I've got an DVD-Video ISO but without an MDS that indicate a layer break point, can I manual set that in ImgBurn?

thx in advance

what I would do is read the iso back to the hard drive with Daemon tools (a free virtual drive download ) and then with IMGburn in BUILD mode would create an ISO that IB will give you a choice of layerbreak positions .The choices will be good average excellent whatever the color coded stars indicate, your choice. Keep it close to 50/50 say 51/49 as layer o needs to be bigger than Layer 1 .There is an excellent Guide in the Guides Forum

my HDD is out of space for another copy of this ISO....

if there's a way doesn't require extract the image again?

Mount the ISO in a virtual drive with Daemon Tools and, with ImgBurn in Build mode, add the VIDEO_TS folder from the virtual drive, then click the calculator button and ImgBurn should show you the possible layer break positions.

Mount the ISO in a virtual drive with Daemon Tools and, with ImgBurn in Build mode, add the VIDEO_TS folder from the virtual drive, then click the calculator button and ImgBurn should show you the possible layer break positions.

thx, it's such a smart path! it's burning now^_^

• 2 months later...

So, can I just copy the information I get when I calculate and use it somehow, when I burn the orignal img-file?

Or am I missing something?

if you do as mmalves describes above , after the layer break choice window appears and you have made the layer break choice , you can either burn direct to dvd or make a new iso/mds on your hard disc, its all explained in the guides section.

So, can I just copy the information I get when I calculate and use it somehow, when I burn the orignal img-file?

Or am I missing something?

Both should have at least one option in common, or else the original image wasn't properly made. Example:

PLBP0.png

Properly built ISO image

PLBP1.png

Layer break options of the Build mode method: as you can see there's a matching option to the ISO image

If you're worried that your ISO image wasn't properly made, use the Build mode method, as this allows you to select the right layer break.

Thanks,I didn't know that you could burn it directly without making an img-file.

That was was I was wondering (if I had to make another one).

However, since my file is showing "Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: none found!" (I assume that first layer is smaller than the 2nd), maybe its better to rebuild it anyways?

However, since my file is showing "Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: none found!" (I assume that first layer is smaller than the 2nd), maybe its better to rebuild it anyways?

Yep, it's better to re-build :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.