"Mistery Disc"

keiban

Hello,

for months Im looking for a solution to a dilema, a "Mistery Disc" I need to duplicate. With ImgBurner (and other softs) I tried to make an image of a dvd video promo, but Is not possible. Say the drive is not accessible. Incorrect function.

Its a video dvd, recorded in an LG stand alone dvdrecorder but without finalization, thats mean is like a data dvd, and its not playable in any other dvd player except an LG (until is finalized, but we do that after we made another recording in it).

I only was able to make an nrg image with Nero using a Plextor 760 drive, other drives or softwares didnt recognize it at all. Looks like this:

post-6637-1174573468_thumb.jpg

I need to duplicate it using other softwares of the duplicators. Also Img Burner didnt recognize this nrg image, but no problems with other nrg images I made of videos closed / finalized. If I convert the nrg image to an iso image, they do an UDF/ISO 9660 (mode 1) but is finalized and can't record on it anymore...

Because I need to burn big quantities, I build a 4 recorders tower to use the "burn to multiple recorders" function in Nero but I found you need an strong computer, if not take much longer to burn the 4 discs than to do it one by one. I like to use the function in Img Burner to record consecutively to the 4 drives, but I can't with this "Mistery Disc".

Any help would be much apreciated,

Thanks,

Gustavo

"drive is not accessible. Incorrect function" in a new small window, not in the info panel.

So far I was only able to read it with Nero in a Plextor 760 drive. With all the rest of drives and soft I tried wasnt possible.

Thanks

When you put the disc in, what does ImgBurn say on the right in the info panel?

Personally I wouldn't copy that as is, I'd get the files off it and burn it again as a single track / session disc. You'll find it much more 'compatible' that way.

Eject the disc from the drive, then load ImgBurn and ensure the correct drive is selected.

THEN insert the disc.

The message you're getting sounds like a windows one - or at least caused by windows.

Doing it via this method will give ImgBurn more control.

A screenshot might be useful.

Its says: "Folder or file does not exist or is not accesible"

Also my Powerbook can't read it, doesnt look like a windows only problem...

Eject the disc from the drive, then load ImgBurn and ensure the correct drive is selected.

THEN insert the disc.

The message you're getting sounds like a windows one - or at least caused by windows.

Doing it via this method will give ImgBurn more control.

A screenshot might be useful.

Yeah sorry, that's still not making much sense!

This is what I'm looking for, the info that highlighted in blue.

imgburn.png

If you start the program without a disc in the drive, the status bar will eventually read 'Not Ready (Medium Not Present)'.

Once you put the disc in, it'll change to something else and eventually it should put something in that info panel on the right.

It's the drive that has to do the reading, not really the program. As such, there's no reason why Nero should be able to report stuff about the disc and other programs not be able to.

I know doesn't make much sense, but is a "mistery disc".

I keep trying to open it with ImgBurner and one window says:

Building Image Tree

Current Item

P:/ (the letter of the Plextor drive)

Current Directory

Unknown

The other window says:

ImgBurn

Folder or file does not exist or is not accesible!

'P:/'

I know all this is crazy but I can't give up... I open Nero, check source drive P, and it can read it...

Yeah sorry, that's still not making much sense!

This is what I'm looking for, the info that highlighted in blue.

post-1-1174587659_thumb.png

If you start the program without a disc in the drive, the status bar will eventually read 'Not Ready (Medium Not Present)'.

Once you put the disc in, it'll change to something else and eventually it should put something in that info panel on the right.

It's the drive that has to do the reading, not really the program. As such, there's no reason why Nero should be able to report stuff about the disc and other programs not be able to.

Im in the correct mode. Im able to do images with other discs, no problem with ImgBurner or the settings. The problem is this "mistery disc". The fact that is a video disc left open give all this trouble, I dont know why only Nero can open, and I really need to work with other softwares...

Thanks for your help.

lol you'd think the screenshot I posted would have turned on that little lightbulb above your head!

If your screen doesn't look like mine, you're in the wrong mode.

According to your post above you are still on the original firmware for your drive 1.01, first thing I would do is update to 1.06 here:

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=2247

Then see if the disc is read better in the drive, from your disc info:

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Disc ID: 0@P-!-00

Is never a good sign as to me that says the drive doesn't like the media for some reason. So upgrade the firmware to 1.06 and then see what happens :)

Upgraded to 1.06, same results...

According to your post above you are still on the original firmware for your drive 1.01, first thing I would do is update to 1.06 here:

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=2247

Then see if the disc is read better in the drive, from your disc info:

Is never a good sign as to me that says the drive doesn't like the media for some reason. So upgrade the firmware to 1.06 and then see what happens :)

PLEXTOR DVDR PX-760A 1.06 (1394)

Current Profile: DVD-R

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 2,298,496

Size: 4,707,319,808 bytes

Time: 510:48:46 (MM:SS:FF)

Free Sectors: 1,520

Free Space: 3,112,960 bytes

Free Time: 00:22:20 (MM:SS:FF)

Pre-recorded Information:

Manufacturer ID: TYG03

Recording Management Area Information:

PIONEER FJDP045843WL DVD-RW DVR-111

Book Type: DVD-R

Part Version: 5

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 1

Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)

Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,495,103

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Can you post the same info you posted before ? Namely the info window on the right ? You can copy+paste it into your reply to save making an attachment :)

Still no chance of a screenshot then?

You can obviously use Microsoft Word so you only need to press the 'Print Screen' button (up by the F12 key) and then select 'Paste' from within a blank Word document.

Because basically, what you're saying doesn't make much sense.

If DVD Dec can display the disc info, ImgBurn should be able to too. Only ImgBurn will give me more useful info, hence why I'm asking for it.

post-6637-1174653550_thumb.jpg

post-6637-1174653563_thumb.jpg

Still no chance of a screenshot then?

You can obviously use Microsoft Word so you only need to press the 'Print Screen' button (up by the F12 key) and then select 'Paste' from within a blank Word document.

Because basically, what you're saying doesn't make much sense.

If DVD Dec can display the disc info, ImgBurn should be able to too. Only ImgBurn will give me more useful info, hence why I'm asking for it.

yes, is a difficult disc, already took 6 months and no solution yet.

The problem is I only can make a working image in Nero, an NRG file which is only readable by Nero, not in other applications. If I converted to an iso file, its get modified and doesnt work anymore.

Is that in write Mode ? I am not sure I haven't confused myself now :lol: Is the problem that you can't read the disc with ImgBurn or that you can't write the resultant files.... (I think I need a holiday)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.